96 waveblaster won't start cold

hello everyone, I have a 760cc 96 waveblaster the only way its starts after sitting over night is using starter fluid. once i do that it usually runs all day long.I have brand new battery,and plugs...Any ideas on how to fix...Can't find a good mech.in my area I live in upstate ny.....

+1
    Putting a primer kit in it will cure the problem quick, fast, and in a hurry. 20 bucks and a little time to install. Do you not have a choke on that thing?

+1
    You should check the fuel pump on the carb. Take them apart, and pay attention to the vacuum diaphgram and the check valves.

Also, check the internal fuel filters. You aren't pumping enough fuel one way or another.

A primer will help, but you need to first find the problem, before making an improvement.

i do have a choke..What is a primer kit ??? where do i buy one???

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    i have one too.. and i dont have a choke, a problem you might be having which ive had is you choke piece is broken. It connects to the carb.. and get kind of weird. I was told to replace the piece I have to get a new carb to replace it.. I would check and make sure your choke is actually working..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big mark View Post
    i do have a choke..What is a primer kit ??? where do i buy one???
    Give Carl a call at Island racing. he can hook you up with a primer kit. Best battery saver there is

(516) 883-0090
    www.ISLANDRACING.net

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    carl never called me back and i called twice, left messages and emailed once...?!

Big Mark, Believe it or not I had this same exact problem ('96 blaster2). Check your impeller liner! Found it was swelled from corrosion and putting a bind on the prop. Everytime I went out to ride, before I left the house had to pull 1 plug, inject some fuel, put spark plug back in and it would fire right up and run. Got tired of this (my choke worked fine). Pulled pump prop and driveshaft, went out the next morning and had NO PROBLEM ON A COLD START. Replaced pump liner, prop had slight scores on blade edges, but never had this problem ever again. Dont know if this is any help to you(hope it is), but that was for sure the problem with mine! Chris.

Thread Information