Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New 250x owner here....Please help

I've been surfing this forum for a couple of days and am crossing my fingers that my sled doesn't develop all the problems it sounds like people are having with this model. Some of my questions have been answered already ie: Sucks gas and that's that. Seems like most of the mods are still in beta testing, but I do have a couple of questions:

What specific GPS are people using. I have 2 of them but they are the landlubber versions.

What oil are people using. I know the manual says 10/40, but marine, what brand etc.........

Gas in the oil seems to be a pretty common problem. I haven't smelled any fuel in there yet, with it parked in the garage cold (engine leveled) first time I pull the stick out it's dry. Put it back in and it shows a little over full. ???????? Can't figure that one out, is it common or anything to worry about??

Any suggestions mod-wise for a weekend rider, usually 2 or 3 up and towing a tube. We use it for family fun and while I would like get better mileage and maybe crack 70 or 75, Handling would be a bit more important. We're riding on Lake Erie just nort of Toledo out of the North Shores Yacht club.

Last thing, Any Southeast MI/Toledo riders on these boards???

Thanks

07 Blue 250x --- Bone Stock

+1
    There aren't too many problems with these machines. There are isolated cases but nothing to worry about. Concerning the oil and getting inconsistent readings, it has been noted that the rubber around the top of the dipstick is causing the oil to be all screwed up. Do a search on here and you can find out how to fiix that. R & D is supposedly developing something that will keep the gas out of the oil, so that hopefully will solve that. If you are going to be towing, I don't know if you want to be doing too many mods. I do some towing, but after putting in the pump wedge and new exhaust, I noticed that my rooster tail was shooting further up and the spray was hitting the person tubing in the eyes and it did hurt some. I told them to close their eyes and hold on lol. These machines od drink gas but I think its worth it. Enjoy!

No problems with mine!Some are having some problems but the most people are not.Mine and alot other machines have come from factory overfilled with oil from not having them level when checked I think?I use kawasaki synthetic 10w40 and works fine

I have not had any issues at all either. My ski is stock and I will be waiting for the offseason to do all the mods. I wanted to give the market some time to catch up before making any decisions on what I am going to do. It really is a great ski and kicks ass in chop! Good luck!

The only problems I have had with mine is the oil being overfilled and the lens on the boost guage has cracked. They are suppose to replace it when I take it in for service.

Mine is not one of the faster ones, I guess it is about average. But I can honstly say that I have not had any major problems. I bought mine in Feb (one of the first ones out) and it has about 48 hours on it now.

+1

Just past 40 hours - just bad sparkplugs

Take note that you are on a Kawasaki 250 Performance forum. The
    residents here are self selected to probably push their machines more
    than most. In a certain sense it's good to see what the potential weaknesses
    are.

It's a pretty sophisticated, complicated machine, just look in at the motor!

I'm kinda amazed it works as well as it does jumping from wave to wave
    and running wide open throttle at the same time. Try dropping your
    high dollar BMW, Corvette, Audi, etc. 3 feet to the pavement and then
    stomp on the gas all day long!

+1
    The Ultras are no different than any other mass produced product. You will always find a few rotten apples in the bushel. If you have a ski with problems you have the right to complain. However for the most part the majority of owners are probably glad they purchased the ski, especially if it fits the riding they intend to use it for.

Richard

snapper455
    We have 4 all of them ALL race boats. we have the Riva Air intake, custom exhaust, Riva ride plate, tricks on the SC and ECU, We race them for 1 hour at a time WOT we have not had 1 fail yet. 20+ hours on each boat total racing (no cruising) We thought we had a prob a few times so we stopped in the middle of the race to save the boat but it ended up being the plugs on the one we bought back in Jan. I work for a dealer and talk to reps all the time. the 5 guys you see here stirring bucket arn't telling you all the story. I know the rest of the story and it is not pretty. These boats have been a huge success and out of over 10,000 sold 5 complainers is awsume!!! Wait till you see the monster that MACC takes 1st on at the world finals

snapper455
    Also Kawasaki is not turning down any warrenty claims on the Ultra. So if these guys are not getting them fixed then there is for sure is a {rest of the story!}

Besides,Its nice to be the fastest of the manufactures!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information