Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Forced Cold Air Kit For 15f

Hey guy's I've finally came up with something that makes a big difference that you can actually feel from the hole shot to top end, this system takes out side cool air and rams it into the intake and from my initial tests it seems that the motor was definitely lacking air inside the hull.
    On top end I gained 3oorpm and a 11/2 Mph top speed. There was a huge gain in low and mid range pull. To give you and example the 15f usually gets smoked out of the hole by a Stx1200r even with every bolt on mod and either a 13/19 or a 14/20 impeller this two stroke will still take you out of the hole. During my tests I beat this boat out of the gates every time by a boat and I was letting him hit his throttle first. This amazes me because I never thought I would beat him out of the hole. The 300rpms up top should allow for a higher pitched impeller which in turn will give higher top speeds.
    Here are a couple of pic's of the system and you'll notice that your able to retain you rear storage box. Depending on how many people are interested I will be making up kit's.
    Give me some feed back, I'll be happy to answer any Questions about the system or the modifications I have done to my boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8200037.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	854.2 KB 
ID:	35781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8200038.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	855.5 KB 
ID:	35782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8200039.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	850.1 KB 
ID:	35783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8200040.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	860.2 KB 
ID:	35784  

+1
    how is the air 'forced' ?
    it looks like the filter is completely inside the hull, so wouldn't it be sucking in air from inside the hull?

If you look in front of the filter you'll see the 3 inch flex tube, Cold air is forced from the front of the boat threw the flex tube and into the filter. You can't have a tube going directly to your throttle body. The engine will pull the air being forced into the filter before pulling it from inside the hull. There's no way for me to prove this but when I nail it you can hear it over the exhaust and I have the full exhaust mod done.

+1
    okay, I understand now..not a bad setup. someone is trying nearly the same thing for the Seadoo 3 seat supercharged models I believe. I'll be putting something together for the RXP but it'll be a much shorter distance for the air to travel

so where in the front does the flex tube run to?

It's comes in from in front of steering colum right behind the hood.

did u have an aftermarket tach to measure the rpms?

Yes, a tiny tach

ok well seems to be a good design if it shows a 300 rpm increase but what other modifications to you have to your craft because maybe that will influence the effect it has

Your right everything depends on how modified your boat is, but even still it shows that the motor is staving for air in the hull. One of my first mod's I did was a custom air kit and just with that the boat had better throttle response and I believe I picked up 100 to 150 rpm's. My boat has every external mod done that you can possibly do which also includes a fuel injection adjustment box, and I also have my timing advanced 3 degrees.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information