+1

R&D Kits or the Riva Kit????

What do you think??? R&D or Riva Stage 1 kit for my 07 Rxt???? Im not really sold on riva I think there just a little better known to most because everyone speaks of there products. I personally like to think outside the box and really put thought into my purchases. Any info would be truely appreciated.
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa62 View Post
    What do you think??? R&D or Riva Stage 1 kit for my 07 Rxt???? Im not really sold on riva I think there just a little better known to most because everyone speaks of there products. I personally like to think outside the box and really put thought into my purchases. Any info would be truely appreciated.
    Adrian
    Riva is better. The air intake for your SC is more efficient, intake grate scrubs no speed, wedge is proven, etc. The Riva parts have proven the best for our platform, that's why more people on here run Riva than R&D.

RXPkid, I beg to difffer a bit, although I have used both, I did like the R&D aquavein intake grate on the GTX. The RXP crowd does not have the same results and net gains+- as the GTX`ers (RXT). I have also learned that the stock grate works well on these three seaters.
    Now when it come to performance parts. I also have had both air filter kits. I like the Riva`s large long tube with filter and bracket and even a bracket to relocate the rectifier. It can be a PITA to some when removing the SC for service. The R&D power plenum intake kit works well in the GTX but you re-use the stock intake hose, add a length of 3/4 hose for the crankase vent, and no bracket for the rectifier. So really what it boils down to is a matter of personal preferences, and cost, and to read alot of these threads and determine yourself where you want to be with your ski`s...PR..

I also had the R&D sponsons which I also thought to be good, but they have less adjustability than the Riva`s...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-20-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    RXPkid, I beg to difffer a bit, although I have used both, I did like the R&D aquavein intake grate on the GTX. The RXP crowd does not have the same results and net gains+- as the GTX`ers (RXT). I have also learned that the stock grate works well on these three seaters.
    Now when it come to performance parts. I also have had both air filter kits. I like the Riva`s large long tube with filter and bracket and even a bracket to relocate the rectifier. The R&D powere plenum intake kit works well in the GTX but you re-use the stock intake hose, add a length of 3/4 hose for the crankase, and no bracket for the rectifier. So really what it boils down to is a matter of personal preferences, and cost, and to read alot of these threads and determine yourself where you want to be with your ski`s...PR..
    Well I actually thought most of you 3 seater guys were sticking with the stock grate because you found the AM ones weren't needed? Shibby has stated this before I think. I also thought that the R&D grate for the SeaDoos (RXP or RXT) has proven to scrub more speed than the Riva but has provided better hookup in heavy chop? I'm also pretty sure that on either platform the Riva 3" intake has proven to draw in cooler air than the R&D providing a greater RPM increase and speed increase?

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Well I actually thought most of you 3 seater guys were sticking with the stock grate because you found the AM ones weren't needed? Shibby has stated this before I think. I also thought that the R&D grate for the SeaDoos (RXP or RXT) has proven to scrub more speed than the Riva but has provided better hookup in heavy chop? I'm also pretty sure that on either platform the Riva 3" intake has proven to draw in cooler air than the R&D providing a greater RPM increase and speed increase?
    yes this is true to an extent, depending on what your riding conditions are, when the bay is choppy I can still scream across the bay with out unhooking. ultimate top speed is not an issue for me so 1-1.5 mph maybe was no big deal.
    I was just experiencing a loss of RPM when switching from the stock prop (7650-7600) to a 12\20 solas prop (7500) when using the stock airbox even tho it had been gutted. I had used the R&D in the past on this ski about 2 years ago, and just recently re-installed it and whatdoyaknow! I got my R`s back. not saying one is better than the other, just pointing out they both work, one offers more than the other, and you have to pick which one best suits your climate and riding. The hull vent in the seat post is directly above the R&D air filter element!...PR...

and yes, I have the stock grate in there now, bc I didn`t want to tear out the brass inserts that commonly happen with any aftermarket intake grate and sometimes poor installation practices...so far so good!...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.

the R&D grate will loose 1mph in flat but in chop you will leave a rive grate by a long way
    as for the airfilter i went with R&D its alot cheaper and if you get some flo rites etc to get hot air out and cold in iam sure it will beat the riva at less cost ,ive just fitted a flo rite next to my R&D filter sounds the nuts and you can feel the air going in and out of throttle !!
    on a 3 seater id go with the riva grate as your wieght will pull u down anyway unless u ride in heavy chop

+1
    Thanks for the info, I ride in the ocean and love opening up the ski but on rough days I get out of the water to much so i cant open it up anyways. I have heard the riva grate is so I will either go with the aquavein or the worx grate. I agree on the R&D intake as well its cheaper and looks like it will cool better with the addition of the vents under the rear seat of the ski and you should be sucking up cooler air oppose to the riva setup.
    Decision Decision... lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa62 View Post
    I personally like to think outside the box and really put thought into my purchases.
    The "thinking" has already been done for you on the Riva kits. Riva is the way to go!

Thread Information