Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New yamaha page as of today...

Whats all the talk everything looks pretty much the same except one ski called the sho... They still got the gp1300 that everyone said wasn't gonna be made anymore lol... I got all excited for nuttin crazy man.

You guys are killin me. Yamaha comes out with a 1.8 liter supercharged and intercooled ski and you say ho hum! Wait until the mods come out for this beast of a motor, you'll eat those words for sure.

I mean its cool but everyone had me thinking wow 275 horses, I'm sure its fast but I dont think its gonna be as good or fun as a GP man.. They shoulda put the damn engine in a gp hull, now that would be cool. I even wanna get one just to have a second ski but after having the ultra250 Its iffy cause that thing SUCKED...Then again this does have trim right theres one Pro lol...

I think this motor will be holding back a ton of power in it's first year, yamaha tends to run there production for a long time. you can't tell me there is not 300hp hiding in this motor in a few years time from the factory.

When are they likely to hit the dealer showrooms? I want one!

+1
    1300r video states the last year for the 13r ..

i know its ANOTHER year away but guess there doing a 2 seater version of the big boy 3 seater..

Oh I'd love to see 300hp, just saying it feels good, but we'll see I guess...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedrop25 View Post
    Oh I'd love to see 300hp, just saying it feels good, but we'll see I guess...
    its either the 1800 supercharged in 2009 in a 2 seater or they will drop the 2 seater for good

Hey, I would of liked to see more hp myself. Yamaha goes conservative on their motors for longetivity and reliability unlike Rotax/BRP that tends to push them further. I think this will be a great ski but I am going to have to take a look at the Sea-Doo x models. If Yamaha had pumped the stock hp up where it should/could be, I wouldn't even bother looking elsewhere. If they ahd put this motor in the GPR, OMG

+1
    Well, it is setup to run 87 unleaded, an unusual thing for a Supercharged engine. That means lots of power left available, and undertuned as usual for Yamaha. (kinda like the 2 strokes that can just about run on kerosene, leaves room for a head cut and nice power gain, except in this case, MORE BOOST, in exchange for using better fuel). Can't wait for a test ride report!

I bet it will be 250ish hp.... I hope! To be even in numbers with Seadoo.

But yea, it is running on regular octane guys!!!! You know how much of a power gain there is to be had with a forced induction machine that is stock with regular. Set it up with more boost and timing and BAM! Throw in some 93.

GO GO SPEED RACER!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information