95 Polaris SLX 780, PLEASE HELP??

I'm new here, dont know nutting about jet ski, but I love it and willing to learn. I got this thing for $300.00. Here's the problem
    First its 95 Liquid Triple 780 slx
    It starts and floats and run when its up to speed.

When I'm read to take off the back sunk front lifted up and it bogs and takes a while to get up to speed. Probablly about a whole min or more, when it gets up to speed, it doesn't go past 30MPH, I run side by side with a friend.

When I hook up the garden hose to it at home and run it when it give it all the gas I can hear it kinda die out on top end, when let the gas go and give it again it goes up and stays there. Again, it takes a while to come out of a dig man, its BAD. LOL I can swim faster than this thing takes to take off. When it does as I mention it gets up to like 30 and dont past that.

I change the spark plugs.
    Clean the Carb Filter, car looks clean inside.
    the impller (fan that sucks the water in, I didn't pull it, but I kink peep in there and it looks fine.

Please help any suggestion?

Thanks in advance guys.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    I think you need to rebuild your carbs. And check to see if the Impeller is binding.

Thanks for the respond,
    where can I get a kit to rebuilt the carb?
    How do I check for the binding?

Is there anything else I should check for. This ski have been parked for 2 years, just used the other day after that. I check the spark plugs and they are wet? any ideas on that? It seems to be more gas than the 2 stroke oil or maybe mix...
    Last edited by stang94; 08-20-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: add notes

+1
    Carb kits can be had at many places search for Mikuni SBN. Most of our vendors on this site carey them. To check for pump binding remove the four bolts that hold the pump on and remove the pump and spin the impeller.

Hey thanks alot man, I find a carb kit your talking about for 35.00, and i'll check for the binding tomorrow I know what your talking about now. I'll let you know how it goes. You believe thats what causing the VERY Lazy take off?
    Also the Display Function on steering handle is not working, no way of me telling if there's any issue, I dont mind or should I? But I hear that can limit the RPM? Loper? something like that. I read it somewhere on this from?

+1
    For the display check the fuse in the e-box 1/4 amp can be bought from the rat shack.

Hey Beerdart, thanks alot for hanging with me man, this is a really cool comminity site.
    I think I have enough for tomorrow. I"ll work on those and see what happens from there and give you an update, I'm sure i'll have more questions and issue arrived. So anything I do can do help out around here, if I can I will without a doubt.

Thanks again dude,
    Till tomorrow.. i'lll post again... lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stang94 View Post
    Hey Beerdart, thanks alot for hanging with me man, this is a really cool comminity site.
    I think I have enough for tomorrow. I"ll work on those and see what happens from there and give you an update, I'm sure i'll have more questions and issue arrived. So anything I do can do help out around here, if I can I will without a doubt.

Thanks again dude,
    Till tomorrow.. i'lll post again... lol

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the hulk. Try to get that MFD working. I'll bet it reads low fuel even though it's full. If so, you will go into limp mode and be restricted to 4200 RPM. That can be part of a slow take off anf low top speed. Beerdart already gave you a few places to start searching. Now with the carb rebuild kits, you need 3, 1 for each carb. Needles and seats aren't included and are recommended to be replaced as well.

Thread Information