Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

really big problem!!!

I have a question for you 4 tech guys. I have a 04 rxp with the back connecting rod throw the block under the intake. Is there any way to have it welded? If not does any one have an extra one they would like to sell? Any help would be a big help
    Last edited by brandonga; 08-20-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spell correction

+1
    man, I have tried to buy good used cases, been finding them, but none have been usable. A new 1 is just under 1400.00 Get it apart and post pics......if u junk it I want the block if it's weldable. Heck, mine cut the block all the way around and the starter was laying in the bilge

when I get the motor out I'll post some pics. Only had time to pull the intake today after find a hand full of aluminum in the bilge. I guess it's the price you pay to have fun. I had two stokes welded but I'm not sure about this one

+1
    well, they have a dry-sump set-up...sorta, there are 2 separate cavities broken through by the rod.....get it apart and on the bottom half of the case u will see what i mean. The case halves can not be interchanged w/ other case halves (line-bore issues). pics dammit

I'll post some pics tomorrow after I pull the engine. what's the real bummer is it happen two days after spending almost $2000.00 to make it faster.

+1
    u tellin' me? 8k for S3 +rudecharger 3 hours later....and I knew there was a problem, but b4 I got to the root of it boom (people wanna race u even when u say your chit ain't right....what can u do?) I had low comp. on 1 cyl. and did leakdown....all good, oil in cyl. brought it up a bit, rings right? NOT bent rod from a long-ago hydro-lock situation Unless the motor has run all of its life right in front of me I will never assume anything like that again I am the 1 always teasing people at the track telling them their engine will fit loosely in a 5-gallon bucket if not carefull now I need the bucket and it looks like u do too......welcome to the air-cooled 4-tec club get pics, know exactly what happened, and go from there.

+1
    Don't even think about welding the block. It's not cast. it's pressed beads.

There the pics, didn't actually get the motor all the way out before I got pissed. As you can see in the last picture when i pulled the starter I found a hole for the starter all the way around the bottom case half. The way it happen was jumping a boat wake I guess a didnt get off the gas fast enough. I kind of figure the block was press molded. well at least I stall have my 06.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0688.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	35891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0690.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	35892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0691.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	35893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0692.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	35894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0695.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	35895  

eeewwww, WOW...
    I have seen a couple of engines in the classifieds, or you could purchase SBT long block...PR...

( I don`t know anything about the SBT 4tec long blocks)

I thought about short block tech but with the core charge I'd have to pay I would be cheeper to get a block. At work today I checked the prices of all the parts I would need for a complete rebuild and not including the block and crank it would be about 700.00 my cost from pro marine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information