Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Low RPM's on 07 RXP

Can mid grade gas, effect your RPM's on a supercharged RXP. I have a 2007 RXP that i just had Jerry change the washers on. After putting the supercharger back on the ski, I went to the lake and could only get the ski up to 7800 rpm. I was using 89 octane because thats all the nearest gas station had. would this cause the problem?

running 89 could contribute to the problem....I would put 93 before riding again and check your RPMs them....the heat is killing RPMs now anyways

+1
    Did you change your oil also?

Seems I have seen a few people report what you are after changing washers.

The heat index was 105 Satuday when I was riding, and the water temp was in the 90's. I will fill it up on 93 octane when I go out next.

I had the oil changed the day before, at my locale dealer.

+1
    Also make sure you tighten down all the hoses you had to take off to get the charger out. I was down to like 7,400 and then went back and tightened down the hoses and I seem to be back up to7,800 in salt down here in the heat and humidity of South Florida...

check your oil level also....dealers seem to "go the extra mile" and overfill your oil....it needs to be 1/2 to 3/4 in between the bends on the dipstick....make sure the engines warm and sitting level when checking the oil

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    check your oil level also....dealers seem to "go the extra mile" and overfill your oil....it needs to be 1/2 to 3/4 in between the bends on the dipstick....make sure the engines warm and sitting level when checking the oil
    DIDO!

Also check the spark plug gap, sometimes the dealer doesnt do a good job at that. They should of changed the plugs for your 10hr service.

I'm not that familiar with jetski's, but it seems that when I talk to the service reps, and mechanics at my dealership there not that familiar either. For the rate they charge an hour, the f---king mechanics should be wizards at working on them and know everything; however that doesn't quite seems the case!

I paid $261.00 dollars for my 10 hour service and oil change at a dealer in north Tampa. I feel ripped off!

dang I paid 160 for 10 hr service and oil change and extra dess key

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information