Repalcement for the plastic hoses?

I did search but couldn't find anything although thought I remembered a discussion about this at some point. The flex hoses that run from the bypass to the airbox and from the airbox to other places have all split, the one at the bypass had totally broken off. Perhaps corrugated plastic is not the best material for this application

Has anyone replaced these with something else? Looks like you would have to have molded hoses if you went with rubber radiator type, at least for the turn coming off the bypass. Anybody tried straight runs with PVC although that probably wouldn't be flexible enought.

BTW, did my own recall inspection today, clip and hose was fine.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I bought an extra set of those hoses when i was working on it all the time, havent had any problems, but seems folks were breaking them when they were pulling the intercoolers, so I got extras just in case(they werent expensive if I remeber right), they dealer should replace them under warranty if they just started coming apart.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I used 1 1/2" lightweight smooth bore hose with exterior spiral. You might be able to find some at local marine supply where the bilge hose is.

I also routed nice and low away from engine to keep heat transfer to a minimum before re entering the intake path.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    I used 1 1/2" lightweight smooth bore hose with exterior spiral. You might be able to find some at local marine supply where the bilge hose is.

I also routed nice and low away from engine to keep heat transfer to a minimum before re entering the intake path.
    Thanks, I'll drop by U.S. Marine and see what they have. No sense in hauling it to the dealer only to have them but the same stuff on and have it come apart again.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I think i paid $8 or so for the stock one....can't remember if relief or bov, i recall they are different lengths. to be honest i can't remember if i ran both relief and bov in the new stuff....for sure the relief i ran in the new. If i ran both in the new, that means i have at least an extra one sitting around i don't need that is brand new. I'll try to check when i get home.

Thread Information