2001 xlt 1200 rideplate inserts

My inserts are spinning on my ski. The bolts are in and the inserts are spinning. Any suggestions on getting the bolts out and installing new inserts? Thanks,

Ok. I searched other forums, and at least this is easier than I thought. I didnt realize you could get to the inserts from inside the hull. I thought this would be a real scare. So, what is the easiest way to remove the OEM yamaha glue?

I was able to remove the pipe and waterbox and get a pair of visegrips on the inserts, I was able to get my rideplate tightened down. Can I yank these out with visegrips or is there some work on the glue that I need to do. I am hoping to save this until the winter.

I had one of the bolts break off into one of the inserts on the intake, is this easier to try to drill out and back out bolt with EZout or just replace the insert?

I will be replacing intake grate, maybe rideplate, and a few inserts this winter, as well as new pump shoe and new shoe seal kit if the one i have in the existing shoe is not salvageable. Anyone ever tried reusing a pump seal kit? Thanks for any and all help,

+1
    I have seen guys use the 05 GPR upgraded inserts and cut them and use in the XLTs they use 5200 to glue them in and seal it.

take some heat and a flat scrapper to the green yammi goo, should pop right up

+1
    Read this post at the end of it he shows how he repaired his with the new style inserts. Also if you follow the link in my Signature to Hydrotoys site you can see a pdf I did on an older 99 just to give you some ideas. I highly recommend replacing the old inserts with the new style.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13151
    Last edited by OsideBill; 08-22-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks for the info. I have ordered some new inserts, courtesy of Carl at Island racing. Thanks for the help,

Quote Originally Posted by swade View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have ordered some new inserts, courtesy of Carl at Island racing. Thanks for the help,

you got the 05 oem inserts right, not r&d or riva??

+1

hull insert glue removal chisel pop off hull

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Guys, ytou have to becareful using heat. I don't like it. the fumes are dangerous to breath. I don't recommend it AT ALL !

* I have removed several inserts and the glue just by prying them up. You can use a long blade screwdriver and once you get under it, it will pop right off the hull.

On the GPRs, I use an air chisel when I do hull reinfocements. Eats thru it like butter and no fume to breath and much much faster ! Ask KirkF350, he seen it first hand this weekend how I removed the glue and inserts.....actually, he's seen it a couple of times.

Here is what they look like when they pop out

Thread Information