Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Test Riding Used 2004 Rxp Tomorow, What To Look Out For

I am looking at buying a 2004 rxp with 60 hours that is in perfect shape. it has riva stage 1 minus the pump wedge. has original washers. i am new to seadoos have always had yammis and kawis. what should i look for when i go out?

rpms ?

supercharger slipping ?

any help would be great

another topic price?

i got the guy down to 6500.00 on a 2004 in yellow, with trailer, cover, riva stage 1(minus the pump wedge). it has 60 hours and is 100% perfect condition. i think its a good deal what do yall think

just dont want to get a dud
    Last edited by TDSTYG; 08-21-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDSTYG View Post
    I am looking at buying a 2004 rxp with 60 hours that is in perfect shape. it has riva stage 1 minus the pump wedge. has original washers. i am new to seadoos have always had yammis and kawis. what should i look for when i go out?

rpms ?

supercharger slipping ?

any help would be great

another topic price?

i got the guy down to 6500.00 on a 2004 in yellow, with trailer, cover, riva stage 1(minus the pump wedge). it has 60 hours and is 100% perfect condition. i think its a good deal what do yall think

just dont want to get a dud
    Too high IMO!

Banned User
    +1
    sounds about right, with mods and hours...AND trailer...

too high? black book trade in shows 6500.00 high and 5500 low. i thought for 6500 with trailer and mods i was doing alright. i have been looking for a while on here and ebay i have never seen any this cheap.

but i am more worried about what to look for when i have it out?

too high? black book trade in shows 6500.00 high and 5500 low. i thought for 6500 with trailer and mods i was doing alright. i have been looking for a while on here and ebay i have never seen any this cheap.

but i am more worried about what to look for when i have it out?
    Check the hull closely for spider cracks around the bottom of the hull where the gas tank sits! It's a weak spot where there has been issues with hull delamination. I am assuming you have read up on the ceramic washer issue, if so then pull it out and bullitproof it by upgrading to an 06 S/C kit Or Rotax Racing Kit (same thing). Has it been in salt water? Does it leak when sitting in the water for about an couple of hours? (carbon seal) Does it cavitate out of the hole? I guess you need to take a test spin.

whats a 06 supercharger kit or rotax racing kit due? i thought you just replaced the ceramic washers with metal ones? no salt water live in ohio, says it stays dry. find out tomorow. i always hear peple talk about rpms? any # it should be around

are the 06 s/c diff from 04
    Last edited by TDSTYG; 08-21-2007 at 10:18 PM.

6500 is fair ....

whats a 06 supercharger kit or rotax racing kit due? i thought you just replaced the ceramic washers with metal ones? no salt water live in ohio, says it stays dry. find out tomorow. i always hear peple talk about rpms? any # it should be around

are the 06 s/c diff from 04
    An 06 S/C kit has a thicker shaft, but you could just go with 04-05 metal washers. Rpm's should be in between 8000 to 8200 rpm's at WOT. Ask if it has Denso IXU 27's for spark plugs? Stock plugs are fine, in 04 there was a concern that the RXP would run a little lean, but I think it has been proven that it's not the case!

check hull get rite under there and have a good look
    take a test ride trim all the way up she should pop out of water,if not clutch is slipping or if it cavitates wear ring poss impeller
    check reverse works
    trim works
    steering is good not tight
    check trailor ,bearings /jockey
    check rpms at top speed should be around 8000 top speed should be over 68 with those mods

good luck

Look out for other objects!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information