Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seat Breater tube

Anyone know if the breather tube on the seat will allow more air flow in the engine bay if it is cut down or even removed? Just looking for little ways to increase performance without spending any $!!!

BarefootPolaris

What size motor do you have? If you remove it, the ski will flood if capsized.

I have the 780. I have tossed this ski around and been thrown off so many times and never once has it capsized, so I dont think capsizing is a real big concern for me, but i am sure if i take this thing off, i will soon capsize the ski. So, maybe I will leave the breather tube on there

BarefootPolaris

A fairly stock 780 wont gain anything by removing the tube, IMO. I've never capsized one either, but I've seen others do it, so it is possible.

+1
    I used to flip my sl 1050 over all the time

The last time if flipped on me, came over backwards and the throttle lever broke and a sharp edge of it gouged and inch into my thigh!! Didnt notice it till I got back to the beach and the girls all started screaming as they noticed the blood haha It was quite the bloody mess

I installed a couple of flow rite's on my SL and did not notice any gains. The inside of the hull dose stay a little cooler but no performance gains.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I thought about installing Flow Rites strategically. 1 on the carb side up front, and 1 slightly to the right of center on the very back. I figured that would put the carbs directly in the path of air flow. What's a Flow Rite going for, and where? Thanks

The last time if flipped on me, came over backwards and the throttle lever broke and a sharp edge of it gouged and inch into my thigh!!
    Interesting - I was on a sled ride years ago, a buddy rode down a steep inline, with a ten foot drop-off at the bottom. He went over it, nosed it into the ground and tore the throttle flipper off his old (new at the time) 488 Indy Trail - and gouged his thigh with the flipper stub. He lost enough blood between there and the ambulance that he was unconcious when he got to the hospital. IIRC, he needed 5 units of O-neg once they dtitched him up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent View Post
    Interesting - I was on a sled ride years ago, a buddy rode down a steep inline, with a ten foot drop-off at the bottom. He went over it, nosed it into the ground and tore the throttle flipper off his old (new at the time) 488 Indy Trail - and gouged his thigh with the flipper stub. He lost enough blood between there and the ambulance that he was unconcious when he got to the hospital. IIRC, he needed 5 units of O-neg once they dtitched him up.
    WOW, he must have hit a artery or vein! I had a similar issue on a sled. Ridin a '98xc600 and hit a culvert doin about 50. I flew about 20ft over the bars, my helmet flew 20ft farther than me And I the key went through my pants and broke off in my knee, I knew something was wrong with my knee right away.

But back on subject.......

I'd leave the seat tube on, and if anything flow-rites might help it breath a little better, but not enough to where you will notice.

We put two 2" flow rites on the Hurricane project, and they are basically the only two vents on the ski since the positive vents were on the hood that we removed. Engine does not seem like it has any trouble breathing so far!

Can anyone post a pic of these breathe rite tubes?

BarefootPolaris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information