Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

National Drag And Offshore Racing

Personal Watercraft Illustrated and www.Greenhulk.net are dedicated to PWC enthusiasts having the means and opportunities to enjoy their sport in every facet.

With GreenHulk's hosting of the "Mud Bug" top-speed competition and PWI's strong interest in supporting performance racing, be it bouy course, off-shore endurance, freestyle, or top-speed grudge racing, we feel that racing these machines is escential to the preservation of the sport and supplimenting the industry as a whole.

That being said, we want to propose a series of nation-wide events. Events that will welcome in professionals and beginners alike, with a series of fair and balanced regulations for tech and modification in conjunction with the rider's ability and experience. Saftey is first, as with all racing. Fairness and preserving a fun and enjoyable atmosphere is tantamount.

Similar to sanctioned drag racing bodies, we would want to host several nation-wide grudge-style bracket races, held in popular waterways across the nation. In addition, we are interested in organizing several off-shore endurance races similar to the recent Long Beach to Catalina and Back event.

What, as enthusiasts, would you need to make this a possibility?

What potentially viable locations would you like to see some of these events take place?

We have our ideas (which we will reveal at a later time), but please tell us what you think needs to be done to open the doors to amateur and professional racers alike?
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 08-22-2007 at 02:02 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    What, as enthusiasts, would you need to make this a possibility?

What potentially viable locations would you like to see some of these events take place?

We have our ideas (which we will reveal at a later time), but please tell us what you think needs to be done to open the doors to amateur and professional racers alike?
    1) For you guys to show up at Mud Bug

2) Morgan City - Mud Bug cant be replaced

3) See answer response # 1

Nice to see you guys take interest

region 8 is on top of this and is going to be doing this next year!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSkiDaddy View Post
    1) For you guys to show up at Mud Bug

2) Morgan City - Mud Bug cant be replaced

3) See answer response # 1

Nice to see you guys take interest
    Ha! You'll be happy to note that Jerry is personally writing an article (although belated) for the January/February issue of PWI (on sale Nov. 28th) on this past June's Mud Bug. As many readers may or may not know, I came into the Editor's chair only 6 months ago and had never heard of the Mud Bug until now.

Not only will PWI be PROUD to feature the Mud Bug coverage, but I'll be personally attending 2008's Mud Bug. Though I doubt I'll have anything to keep pace with the likes of GreenHulk's regulars, I will be competing. I have always believed that if the magazine's staff can't hang with its readers, then it has no place covering the sport.

As for the APBA, Jerry and I (we met in person at the '08 Sea-Doo Press Intro, and NO, I won't tell you what they've got until tomorrow) believe that we need to combine our resources to help inspire more offshore racing and drag racing events nationally. We believe this is a branch of the sport than can grow exponentially and are interested in creating new venues to do so.

+1
    It's good to hear we will have some press coverage next year. You will enjoy yourself down in the swamp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Ha! You'll be happy to note that Jerry is personally writing an article (although belated) for the January/February issue of PWI (on sale Nov. 28th) on this past June's Mud Bug. As many readers may or may not know, I came into the Editor's chair only 6 months ago and had never heard of the Mud Bug until now.

Not only will PWI be PROUD to feature the Mud Bug coverage, but I'll be personally attending 2008's Mud Bug. Though I doubt I'll have anything to keep pace with the likes of GreenHulk's regulars, I will be competing. I have always believed that if the magazine's staff can't hang with its readers, then it has no place covering the sport.

As for the APBA, Jerry and I (we met in person at the '08 Sea-Doo Press Intro, and NO, I won't tell you what they've got until tomorrow) believe that we need to combine our resources to help inspire more offshore racing and drag racing events nationally. We believe this is a branch of the sport than can grow exponentially and are interested in creating new venues to do so.
    Cool
    Sounds like your doing a great job allready . You just got yourself another subscriber

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSkiDaddy View Post
    Cool
    Sounds like your doing a great job allready . You just got yourself another subscriber
    Plus 1

+1
    I would love to see some grudge-style bracket races here in CA. I know quite a few people that would show up for that. We need to make sure there is something as far as an open class goes also. Like the Yamaha GP1200R with a Sea-Doo engine in it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I would love to see some grudge-style bracket races here in CA. I know quite a few people that would show up for that. We need to make sure there is something as far as an open class goes also. Like the Yamaha GP1200R with a Sea-Doo engine in it.
    I won't lie to you, when Jerry and I started batting ideas around, I immediately thought of renting out the Long Beach Marine Stadium for such a drag race event. The space is ample, the facility is accomodating enough, and the access to shops, lodgings, and the Personal Watercraft Illustrated offices (where I had contemplated hosting a Jimmy Buffett-esque parking lot tailgate party and BBQ after the races) is near by.

Mind you, these are all ideas for next year. Working hand-in-hand with Jerry Gaddis, Patrick Mell at the APBA, the corp. manufacturers (BELIEVE IT!, two of them are already expressing interest in partial sponsorships!) and maybe even PWI's direct competition Watercraft World, we hope to open up the world of watercraft drag racing to everybody!
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 08-22-2007 at 05:03 PM.

+1
    bring some to florida.. good to see you guys getting involved

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information