Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oil and 250 and dealers

Yes I Am New To This Site. I Am Confused About People Saying The Oil Level Was To High From The Dealership. Kawasaki Puts Oil Filled Stickers On Every Unit. Dealers Check The Oil Level. 99% Of The Time Nothing Needs To Be Done(just Checking It.) If What Kawi Say Is True (ie The Rings Are Not Set Yet) Then The Oil Level Being To High Is Not The Dealers Fault. What Happens Is The First Hours On The Unit Gas Is Getting Into The Oil. I Agree That Gas Is Not A Good Lube. Yes I Feel The Pain Of People Having Problems With Their $12000 Unit. New Model New Problems. Dealer Get Stuck In The Middle. I Hope Your Dealer Is Treating You Right. I Will Take Any Comments On This

Quote Originally Posted by PROJECT X View Post
    Yes I Am New To This Site. I Am Confused About People Saying The Oil Level Was To High From The Dealership. Kawasaki Puts Oil Filled Stickers On Every Unit. Dealers Check The Oil Level. 99% Of The Time Nothing Needs To Be Done(just Checking It.) If What Kawi Say Is True (ie The Rings Are Not Set Yet) Then The Oil Level Being To High Is Not The Dealers Fault. What Happens Is The First Hours On The Unit Gas Is Getting Into The Oil. I Agree That Gas Is Not A Good Lube. Yes I Feel The Pain Of People Having Problems With Their $12000 Unit. New Model New Problems. Dealer Get Stuck In The Middle. I Hope Your Dealer Is Treating You Right. I Will Take Any Comments On This
    What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by tubeman View Post
    What is your point?
    WHATS MY POINT???
    MY POINT IS KAWI SOLD A LOT OF 250'S THE ONLY PROBLEMS WE HEAR ON THIS SITE IS A SMALL %. NOBODY IS GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A GOOD RUNNING JET SKI. I HAVE A 250 AND HAVE GAS AND OIL PROBLEM. I ALSO HAVE SIX OTHERS WITH NO PROBLEM. I AGREE WITH "STOP THE BASHING" AND LETS FIX THEM INSTEAD

Your confusing two different issues,,, First, some ski's are commig with an extra quart or two from the FACTORY,, the dealer should check this before letting the ski go out to the new customer,, second, some people are dealing with rising oil levels because of fuel in their oil, supposedly R&D may have a cheap fix for this,,, lets keep our fingers crossed it's true.

WHATS MY POINT???
    MY POINT IS KAWI SOLD A LOT OF 250'S THE ONLY PROBLEMS WE HEAR ON THIS SITE IS A SMALL %. NOBODY IS GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A GOOD RUNNING JET SKI. I HAVE A 250 AND HAVE GAS AND OIL PROBLEM. I ALSO HAVE SIX OTHERS WITH NO PROBLEM. I AGREE WITH "STOP THE BASHING" AND LETS FIX THEM INSTEAD
    I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to say that only a few skis have problems? Are you trying to say its not the dealers fault? Are you trying to say that people don't report good running skis on this website so it makes it seem as though there are alot more skis with problems than there really are? You say "the only problems we hear on this site is a small %". Does that mean that there are MORE problems than reported? I don't necessarily disagree with you I'm just not sure what you are saying exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Your confusing two different issues,,, First, some ski's are commig with an extra quart or two from the FACTORY,, the dealer should check this before letting the ski go out to the new customer,, second, some people are dealing with rising oil levels because of fuel in their oil, supposedly R&D may have a cheap fix for this,,, lets keep our fingers crossed it's true.
    I SAID 99% OF THE TIME THE DEALER DOES NOTHING BUT CHECK THE OIL. OF ALL THE UNITS I HAVE SEEN ONE HAD A QUART TO HIGH. SO IF A DEALER DID NOT CATCH THAT, THEN YES IT IS THE DEALERS FAULT. THAT WAS STRAIGHT OIL. AFTER THE FIRST HOURS THEN IT SMELL LIKE GAS. (IE NOT THE DEALERS FAULT) I THINK AND I SAY THINK KAWI IS WORKING WITH R&D TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. R&D MIGHT FIX IT, BUT i THINK KAWI WILL ADDRESS THIS ALSO. RIDE ON

Quote Originally Posted by tubeman View Post
    I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to say that only a few skis have problems? Are you trying to say its not the dealers fault? Are you trying to say that people don't report good running skis on this website so it makes it seem as though there are alot more skis with problems than there really are? You say "the only problems we hear on this site is a small %". Does that mean that there are MORE problems than reported? I don't necessarily disagree with you I'm just not sure what you are saying exactly.
    I THINK YOU GOT MY POINT IN A WAY. YES THE SKIS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS I KNOW I HAVE ONE. I WOULD SAY THE % IS SMALLER THEN IT IS BROUGHT ON TO BELIEVE. DEALERS DONT BUILD THE SKIS THEY JUST HAVE TO KEEP THE CUSTOMER HAPPY. I LIKE THIS SITE. I HAVE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT PERFORMANCE. SO I WAS WRONG SAYING PEOPLE DONT REPORT GOOD RUNNING SKIS. THAT IS HOW I FOUND THIS SITE FOR PERFORMANCE. I GUESS THERE IS ALOT OF POINTS I JUST WANT TO HEAR OPINIONS. RIDE ON

I have an opinion, TURN OFF YOUR CAPS, ITS GIVING ME A HEADACHE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I have an opinion, TURN OFF YOUR CAPS, ITS GIVING ME A HEADACHE !!
    O COME ON DUDE. IF THAT YOUR ONLY PROBLEM YOU ARE HANING A GOOD DAY

Let me touch on thing I believe you are making a point at..... I don't think Kawi even has a proper oil level checking procedure that they have provided to the dealers, thus why they continue to be overfilled. I have yet to see anything concrete procedure from Kawi direct on how to accurately check. I understand the rubber nub on the dipstick and get the point, but has Kawi sent out a tech file to the dealers about it? Not that I have heard. With that being said, who's at fault?

At this point it appears the best bet is to get a spare dipstick, and cut the nubs off to only use for checking level, keep the other for running the ski.

It is difficult to read your post and understand what your point is, is it defending dealers or trashing Kawi factory for filling them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information