Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

BRP is smarter than we believe.

Let me preface this by saying I feel this needs to be addressed. This post may draw a lot of flaming my way, but it is not meant as a bash toward this site, Jerry, the mods, or any members. It's meant to show how cunning BRP can be.

Someone in BRP's PR dept. had the great idea of offering Jerry a sneak peek one week earlier than dealers for the '08 lineup that contains quite a few improvements. All that was required for this privilege was his silence for a couple of weeks till BRP themselves revealed the same info on their site. Look what they accomplished with this move. They silenced the largest Sea Doo forum on the internet. Even though pics and specs of the '08 line up can be found on every other pwc website, google, flickr, youtube, and any other search engine, nothing can be found here other than mentions of various improvements that have been made. Mentions of finger throttles, hp numbers, and external IC's is all you'll find. All pictures, articles, and the one that puzzles me, links to other sites have been deleted with the upmost quickness. Even using a pic of the new skis as an avatar will draw the attention of moderators.

Now I know people are thinking it's Jerry's site and it's free to me and Jerry can do what ever he wants. I agree with this 100%. This is not a dig at 4tecperformance.com. If Jerry called me today and said he would be in Charlotte tomorrow for whatever reason and needed a place to stay my guest room is his. This is about how BRP silenced a forum that has prided itself on not having any affiliation with any corporations and not censoring or deleting any posts that had unfavorable comments or disagreed with the people in charge. BRP targeted this site knowing we are the same people that will lineup in freezing weather in January to take delivery on these watercraft and wanted to build a level of anticipation for their public unveiling tomorrow instead of letting the air out of their balloon early by getting the info that dealers received earlier this week.

BRP, all I have to say is MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

+1
    LMAO, Your post seams so perfect. I agree with you.

Jerry got to go out and ride the new skis. In exchange for this privilege he was asked to not leak any info early. You could look at pictures and stats ALL DAY on other sites, THIS site will have a review from a person who I think we all could agree has a respected point of view and will tell it like it is, In an honest and professional way.
    I can tell you this, I am looking forward to seeing his write up a lot more than just looking at a bunch of pictures. And based on silliness I have read on other sites in previous years at least I know I will get good solid information here.
    As moderators we asked that you all respect Jerry and his site by not posting pics or links, and yet you put one in your signature.
    I highly doubt BRP is doing anything other than producing the fastest and best looking skis on the market IMO

+1
    Yes, and I for one can't wait on his review. All this hype has just got my undeeeee's all in a waud.

I hope to have them all staight by Noon time tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    LMAO, Your post seams so perfect. I agree with you.

His post seems perfect if you are conspiracy theorist or smoke wacky tobaccy

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Jerry got to go out and ride the new skis. In exchange for this privilege he was asked to not leak any info early. You could look at pictures and stats ALL DAY on other sites, THIS site will have a review from a person who I think we all could agree has a respected point of view and will tell it like it is, In an honest and professional way.
    I can tell you this, I am looking forward to seeing his write up a lot more than just looking at a bunch of pictures. And based on silliness I have read on other sites in previous years at least I know I will get good solid information here.
    As moderators we asked that you all respect Jerry and his site by not posting pics or links, and yet you put one in your signature.
    I highly doubt BRP is doing anything other than producing the fastest and best looking skis on the market IMO
    Amen to this, Jerry's firsthand review of the new Doo's will be well worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    His post seems perfect if you are conspiracy theorist or smoke wacky tobaccy

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    hmm I see nothing on youtube, any "other PWC sites" google only turns up one or two links worldwide so I dont think there is a ton of info out there that you speak of.
    I for one dont care if the info is somewhere else I want the info from here.

This is just all crazy man crazy

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    And for me, Jerry's ride review is the thing I'm looking forward to the least. Well maybe the sticker price is what I'm looking forward to the least but anyways... I want pictures and numbers. The information that he gathered while being given the tour will be interesting. I would love to see this NDF that Jerry signed. I bet that it only states he cannot reveal any info that he received while there. I cant see how they worded it to include any pictures or info that the dealers also received early and if it did then allowing the mention of metal finger throttles and 255hp ski's and ballast tanks on this site should be against the NDF. But like I said it's Jerry's site do with it as he wants. I'm not bashing the censoring of info here just the way BRP went about it to get their desired end result.

The only reason I posted the pic was to see how long it would last. I made it small enough so that by just looking at it you would think it was a custom painted RXT unless someone had already seen the "forbidden" photos and after adding it I refrained from posting so that it would not be at the top of any threads. I apologize for that but it was an experiment I felt I needed to carry out.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I feel this needs to be addressed. This post may draw a lot of flaming my way, but it is not meant as a bash toward this site, Jerry, the mods, or any members. It's meant to show how cunning BRP can be.

Someone in BRP's PR dept. had the great idea of offering Jerry a sneak peek one week earlier than dealers for the '08 lineup that contains quite a few improvements. All that was required for this privilege was his silence for a couple of weeks till BRP themselves revealed the same info on their site. Look what they accomplished with this move. They silenced the largest Sea Doo forum on the internet. Even though pics and specs of the '08 line up can be found on every other pwc website, google, flickr, youtube, and any other search engine, nothing can be found here other than mentions of various improvements that have been made. Mentions of finger throttles, hp numbers, and external IC's is all you'll find. All pictures, articles, and the one that puzzles me, links to other sites have been deleted with the upmost quickness. Even using a pic of the new skis as an avatar will draw the attention of moderators.

Now I know people are thinking it's Jerry's site and it's free to me and Jerry can do what ever he wants. I agree with this 100%. This is not a dig at 4tecperformance.com. If Jerry called me today and said he would be in Charlotte tomorrow for whatever reason and needed a place to stay my guest room is his. This is about how BRP silenced a forum that has prided itself on not having any affiliation with any corporations and not censoring or deleting any posts that had unfavorable comments or disagreed with the people in charge. BRP targeted this site knowing we are the same people that will lineup in freezing weather in January to take delivery on these watercraft and wanted to build a level of anticipation for their public unveiling tomorrow instead of letting the air out of their balloon early by getting the info that dealers received earlier this week.

BRP, all I have to say is MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information