Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Disappointed with Honda...selling

I think I will be selling my 2005 Honda R12x turbo. I am too disappointed with the performance of the R ....I took it out to Long Beach in California and it is almost impossible to ride the ski without falling over or jumping/skipping every wave that hits me....I was barely able to ride the ski at 20-25mph and all my friends were leaving me behind ..my Yamaha GP1300R outperformed the Honda on Lake or Ocean with better stability and handling. I miss my Yamaha.

Think I will sell this Honda and maybe get the new Yamaha FX -SHO or a nice speedboat.

I'll come back to Honda if they ever improve on thier Hull

P.S
    How much do you think I can get the Honda R12X with trailer and warranty till 2010?

+1
    Mod the intake grate and put a pump wedge on it.....you'll keep up.

Sorry to hear it. I would hate to see the fuel consumption on the new SHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by guduf4u View Post
    I think I will be selling my 2005 Honda R12x turbo. I am too disappointed with the performance of the R ....I took it out to Long Beach in California and it is almost impossible to ride the ski without falling over or jumping/skipping every wave that hits me....I was barely able to ride the ski at 20-25mph and all my friends were leaving me behind ..my Yamaha GP1300R outperformed the Honda on Lake or Ocean with better stability and handling. I miss my Yamaha.

Think I will sell this Honda and maybe get the new Yamaha FX -SHO or a nice speedboat.

P.S
    How much do you think I can get the Honda R12X with trailer and warranty till 2010?
    Not suprising.. More smiles per-gallon with the Yamaha...

+1
    That's the key, smiles per miles.
    I think little of fuel economy when I can haul ass across a lake and not worry about keeping up with my buds.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    I get about 6.5 MPG with a 268HP F13x @ 51-53MPH riding for about 120 miles on a tank.

Not sure how that stacks up with others, but its 18% better than a stock 2004 165 Hp Honda R12x (same motor platform)

Shawn

+1
    Well, according to your figures the stock Honda only gets about 5.33 mpg which ain't all that great... I see those kind of numbers on my RXP @ those speeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    I get about 6.5 MPG with a 268HP F13x @ 51-53MPH riding for about 120 miles on a tank.

Not sure how that stacks up with others, but its 18% better than a stock 2004 165 Hp Honda R12x (same motor platform)

Shawn
    Those are impressive numbers.

How many hours is on that baby?

well...it's on eBay if anybody want to hit it up...just click on my link in my signature

It's a nice boat...just can't stand the chop ...great on Lake but not on Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by guduf4u View Post

You bought the wrong model the F series hull performs well in rough water. The R has different characteristics and also performs well in different conditions. Considering Honda provided for a wide range of riding conditions producing only two models, being their first entries they did very well IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information