Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about a speedboat for next year

Hey guys,
    Just thinking of getting a speedboat next year...selling the crapola Honda R12x and calling it a seaon after September.

How is the Speedster 150 SCIC? How is the handling / stability of the speedboat? I go ocean water a lot, how is the speedster on ocean water? How fast does it go with two people on it (155 lb /person)

I'm looking for something that I can enjoy riding and has great handing / stability on ocean water and being able to carry two more people is a plus

Quote Originally Posted by guduf4u View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just thinking of getting a speedboat next year...selling the crapola Honda R12x and calling it a seaon after September.

How is the Speedster 150 SCIC? How is the handling / stability of the speedboat? I go ocean water a lot, how is the speedster on ocean water? How fast does it go with two people on it (155 lb /person)

I'm looking for something that I can enjoy riding and has great handing / stability on ocean water and being able to carry two more people is a plus
    i love my speedster, handling is great, and fast even with 4 people, i use it on a private lake not the ocean so i can't comment on that for you but i highly recomend this machine, loads of fun.

good luck on your purchase.

Thank you for you input....I was also looking at the Speedster 200, but it's like double the price of the Speedster 150 ....I'm going to need to save up some serious cash lol

+1
    Firend of mine has a Speedster, fun boat actually a kick in the @$$, but it is worthless for pulling a wakeboarder. If you want to pull boarders and expert skiers go with a towboat.

I don't think I will do any pulling of skiers..more likely I'll pull some inflateables with it like I do with my GTX...inner tubes are so much fun on the GTX

I'm hoping somebody has some Ocean water experience with it..so far I've only seen people with it on Lake...I would love to take it out to Long Beach and ride with my GTX

i have the speedster 215 and i pull two adults on tubes and a wake boarder with no problem. it has more than enough power even with 3 adults in the boat.

of course the speedster with the 215hp motor could pull an army of wakeboarders but that likely isnt what he means when he says worthless, hes most likely referring to the wake which obviously isnt any good for tricks beyond very simple things. Of course for beginners or just to have fun its fine, I wakeboard behind mine all the time and have alot of fun, I will eventually want to move up to a real wakeboard boat of course, but that wont fit in my garage.

I heard peoples complaining about the bad finition (fit & finish) of this little boat, also some complains about defective units that still go to the dealers time after time....and others seem to like a lot and have no complaints...for the ocean i'm affraid you'll find it a bit oo small, in the waves it will knock hard, you better like having your butt spanked...!!!

thats what I'm afraid if when I go into the Ocean, its too small and the chops is going to kill me. I'm selling my Honda R-12X, and hopefully by next summer I have enough money to buy a Speedster 150 or 200. I'm leaning towards a Speedster 200 cause it's a bigger and probably won't chop in the ocean...but damn it's double the cost of the 150

Talking

I passed really close to buying one of these Speedster 200, my choice was on the twin 155HP engines...but the twin 215HP seems relly nice to ride too....was affraid of 3 things on that set-up:

1-Weight to tow...near 4000 pounds
    2-Boat sticker price....way higher than my funds would permit
    3-Terrible fuel consumption and twin maintenance on the the 2 pumps/engines also....

So i opted for the C180, BUT...knowing it would be a much less powerful option, i'd say in the chop this boat is quite well, but the Speedster 200 was definitely better in both handling and performance...!!!

But hey....got to buy what you can ride and pay for...!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information