Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Any Region 8 Racers here?

The idea of it keeps crossing my mind... should I do it? I'm not out there to be a top competitor really, jsut to have a good time and ride with a bunch of other people at a fast pace, haha..

I'd only be interested in off-shore / endurance

anyone in region 8 wanna convince me one way or the other, and how in the heck do i get started? i found upstatewatercraft promotions and mi-atlantic watercross... I'm on Long Island, NY ... where do I start, or is it too late?

i see there's like 8 rounds.... do u need to be at round 1 to race at round 3 or 4? is it an ongoing succession of winners from previous rounds, or each round resets and anyone can race?

thanks,
    Steve

Shibby1485@hotmail.com

+1
    I'd say go for it. I'm excitied about racing endurance and I can't wait till april 29-30 since thats my first race I'm really excitied about the Lake Anna race because that like my hometome and I ride on that lake everyday so that going to be fun. Far as I'm going north in the midatlantic tour is New Jersey but I have 3 races there. I em thinkin about going to Texas for the Supercourse nationals but that in like september and was also thinkin about going to World Finals if not to race then to watch cuz they have a drag class this year I dont think you'd need to go to every race to race. From what I'm lookin at on the upstate region 8 races(dont know what an ice breaker party is) but first race is may 20th at seaside height, NJ

To find out some info go here http://www.midatlanticwatercross.com/ and click new racer info and general race info. i think that basically what would be said on the APBA site. Hope this has helped somewhat since I'm new to racing and still figuring out what i need lol.

Scott

I also race Region 8. Less then 5 weeks to go, hope we have alittle less wind this year at Aqualand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPinMD
    I also race Region 8. Less then 5 weeks to go, hope we have alittle less wind this year at Aqualand.
    I can't wait Definety going to have to haul ass in the supercourse cuz I'd like to win over all lol. I wonder who is racing novice 4-stroke stock because all the people I know that race supercourse are in a higher class.

+1
    Steve keep in mind you might be going up against me at some of the region 8 races.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by two2curupt
    Steve keep in mind you might be going up against me at some of the region 8 races.....
    I hope it's more competitive than that!!

I didn't know you raced Mike... i might have to pick your mind then one of these days. still undecided mostly because i don't know if i have the time to drive around to race locations and spent 1-2 days up in a hotel or whatever since i work alot in the summer usually

+1
    I find it very fun...I don't race but i was thinking of jumping into some endurance sessions myself...I think we would do pretty well with our boats this year...

+1
    which races would u go to, and which promotor were u looking at? Upstate Watercraft Promotions?

I think we would do well with our boats, but i definitely would start in a beginner class and see if it's for me or not. obviously we are already in the superstock class with our mods... is there a superstock beginner?

i want to be competitive and be with the pack... don't want to be foreced to race an upper class due to the mods i have installed and have everyone on the water smoke my sorry beginner ass.

it's also a little intimidating bc u hear some people are so comforting and welcoming to new racers, while other racers that u see posting on the forums downright seem like d*ckheads (or at least act that way) and make you not want to have anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    which races would u go to, and which promotor were u looking at? Upstate Watercraft Promotions?

I think we would do well with our boats, but i definitely would start in a beginner class and see if it's for me or not. obviously we are already in the superstock class with our mods... is there a superstock beginner?

i want to be competitive and be with the pack... don't want to be foreced to race an upper class due to the mods i have installed and have everyone on the water smoke my sorry beginner ass.

it's also a little intimidating bc u hear some people are so comforting and welcoming to new racers, while other racers that u see posting on the forums downright seem like d*ckheads (or at least act that way) and make you not want to have anything to do with it
    Shibby,don't talk about me like that I know Midatlantcwatercross has supercoure but not sure if Upstate will.You can pick any round and just run that one and Sat and Sud are different as long as your there to sign up early.If you have any questions feel free to PM me.I'll be glad to help if I can.

+1
    I'm not too worried in upstate about competition as far as th endurance racing goes...Not many fast boats up here...None that can run endurance well anyways...Especialy if it is rough water...

Mitch I think I will be going to the nationals this year...Hope to meet you there..And best of luck this season...

I know I will be @ the nationals...Rochester for sure..Harbour beach for sure...And probably afew others...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information