Been there..done that.

Kawasaki Dealer on Long Island NY

Anyone knows of a dealer with a good service department I can count on, or should I just purchase the service manual and have the mechanic that does all the work on my customers cars take care of my Ski (Ultra250)?

Hicksville Kawasaki and Yami - Owner is my neighbor mike peck good guy last time i checked they were 4 weeks behind though.

Been there..done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenGumby View Post
    Hicksville Kawasaki and Yami - Owner is my neighbor mike peck good guy last time i checked they were 4 weeks behind though.
    I dont mind waiting as long as its worth the wait. Plus Better safe then sorry

Angry

I purchased my Ultra LX from LI Kawasaki Yamaha (Michael Peck), their service center is awful, they don't have enough mechanics and kept my ski for a week when it wouldnt idle. they made an idle adjustment and final returned it to me only for me to find out it still did not idle. i brought it back they kept it for another week before even look at it. It took a threat to go to the BBB for them to look at it and replace the speed control which was apparently bad.

Been there..done that.
    After checking few forums it seems that there is no dealer I can trust with my ski. So I ordered my service manual and will have my mechanic do all the work on it, even to check the re-call issue I got a notice about (fuel hose being loose).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon6683 View Post
    I purchased my Ultra LX from LI Kawasaki Yamaha (Michael Peck), their service center is awful, they don't have enough mechanics and kept my ski for a week when it wouldnt idle. they made an idle adjustment and final returned it to me only for me to find out it still did not idle. i brought it back they kept it for another week before even look at it. It took a threat to go to the BBB for them to look at it and replace the speed control which was apparently bad.
    If I could get 1 week service during the busiest time of the year from my dealer, I would be tickled to death!!!

he told me 4 weeks and hes my neighbor - Granted its summer and people need there stuff fixed. We have a short season for the non hardcore riders. I myself will be riding till december as usually and be ready to go in march. As for there service dept yeah they might need another couple mechanics i think they only have 3 or so.

Thread Information