Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anybody have specs/pics on the 2008 sport boat lineup?

Hi I'm planning on going to look at the 2007 Speedster 150 SCIC tomorrow, but I was hoping to find out the differences in the 2008 version first. Does anybody have any info or know where I can find any out? Thanks

My guess is that we'll be well into September (or more) before you hear anything about the boats. Judging by the news with the skis, I would think changes to the boat line-up will be minimal, with everything staying basically the same, except the addition of a 150-X model at most. You've got to remember that BRP surely doesn't feel the competitive pressure with the boats as they do with the skis. I mean, would the RXT-X be on the way to reality, if it were not for the Ultra 250? Don't think so. Even if you see that 150-X, I don't think you'd see everything the "X" skis have... like the enlarged jet intake; they don't sell enough boats to justify having a separate hull design for an "X" model boat. Furthermore, you can count on this hypothetical "X" boat being a good $2-3K more than the regular one; an '07 could be modded for less.

Personally, this is all great news to me. I was afraid BRP would come out with a smooth high-torque four banger that would instantly antiquate the Rotax in my '07. But instead, they basically said "our current engine is rock solid, we just need to fix the supercharger and make the intercooler more efficient". Since I've already got the metal washers and high boost SC wheel, BRP's decision gives me the permission I need to throw an external intercooler into the mix. I've already spent so much effort modding this boat that right way, it would have been painful to have to get a new one and start over at this point.

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar

Boat specs, but no photos

They released this press release today, but nothing's updated on the web site...

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=763622

Hmmm, I guessed wrong; good find. Amazing how little they managed to say with all those words. No huge innovations mentioned, but I'd take a retractable windshield on my 150. They managed to sell me on the advantages of jet drive though!

Still no pictures of the new 2008's?

Well the 230 Challenger is sage green with a new walk-thru transom. I know that.

+1
    i have the new 08 sport boat and watercraft brochures, looks like nothing changed to me....still 430hp

Can you scan and post?

What are the new colors and interior?
    What does the new walk through transom look like?

Hi there,

i will purchase the speedster wake 2008 and
    i would like to know if sea doo i quote: "we just need to fix the supercharger and make the intercooler more efficient" will include the changes off the rxp x for 2008 (IC AND SC) in his sportsboats engines.

greetings jim.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    Hi there,

i will purchase the speedster wake 2008 and
    i would like to know if sea doo i quote: "we just need to fix the supercharger and make the intercooler more efficient" will include the changes off the rxp x for 2008 (IC AND SC) in his sportsboats engines.

greetings jim.
    engines remain unchanged. I doubt they will ever put 510hp in a 20' boat...

as for others i do not have a scanner and the speedster colors are the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information