exhaust manifold bolts

has anyone removed the exhaust manifold bolts? I would like to know if they are welded in there or come out easyI want to install a catch can and don`t want to snap a bolt... any info is appreciated...PR...

+1
    i have done 3 catch cans and ALL the bolts came out easily but they were (2) 2006 and (1) 2007 RXP's so newer skis. as well if your engine is shifted in your hull the catch can may hit the side of the hull. u can tweak the ALUMINUM bracket AFTER installation to pull it away from the hull if necessary! good luck bro!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i have done 3 catch cans and ALL the bolts came out easily but they were (2) 2006 and (1) 2007 RXP's so newer skis. as well if your engine is shifted in your hull the catch can may hit the side of the hull. u can tweak the ALUMINUM bracket AFTER installation to pull it away from the hull if necessary! good luck bro!!!!!!!
    I found the same thing, Andy. I easily removed them to install my can and they came right out.

+1
    lafjax thanks for the backup appreciated! not to get off this subject but has anyone found that after installation of the catch can they had EXCESSIVE oil blow off into the can causing smoke or spilage in to their hull????????? VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS AS I HAVE A SKI DOING THIS! it runs GREAT but blows EXCESSIVE OIL out the head into the can making a mess in my hull and dropping oil level 3/4 to 1 quart in (1) tank full of gas! thats INSANE! WTF is up with that???????? if anyone knows please chime in! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    lafjax thanks for the backup appreciated! not to get off this subject but has anyone found that after installation of the catch can they had EXCESSIVE oil blow off into the can causing smoke or spilage in to their hull????????? VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS AS I HAVE A SKI DOING THIS! it runs GREAT but blows EXCESSIVE OIL out the head into the can making a mess in my hull and dropping oil level 3/4 to 1 quart in (1) tank full of gas! thats INSANE! WTF is up with that???????? if anyone knows please chime in! THANKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wow!! I'm not seeing this on my RXT. I do get about 1/3 cup of stuff after a full tank run but I'm definately not getting what you are seeing. I do get a little leak under the can on the hull but not much.

Thanks Guys! ...PR...

Thread Information