Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Riva Thru Hull Vs RR Thru Hull

Does any have better performance then the other? I would think the RR is louder because it is metal is this true??

+1
    get the rotax one...more reliable than plastic

ahh so the plastic will crack from the heat? I live in a cold area and when it is stored i do not want to worry about cracking the plastic if i decide to work on it in the winter.

+1
    I have a riva exhaust on my ski and have had no problems whatsoever.

Rotax Racing pipe has more "bling bling" when you have the seat off so if you have the extra money go with it.

Thanks for the heads up jerry, I am sure they sound the same I am not sure about the bling bling factor my seat is on 95% of the time. So deff want to save money esp with the price of gas the way it still is. I still have to go to my dealer and talk to the shop guys and see if they will still cover my ski if i throw a hole in my hull for the thru hull. Now I think about it the power pipe should be as loud as the threw hull because it is just the same thing I am not sure if the distance it travels is alittle longer, however it is the same. Hmm may haveto rethink this.

+1
    Power flow pipe has longer to travel. The thru hull sounds MUCH better. I have tried both and am in love with the thru hull.

I actually just recently moved my Riva thru hull over to my wifes ski and i got a shiny new Rotax Racing thru hull to go on my ski.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    did we ever find out if there's an available metal pipe kit that will fit the Riva thru-hull location in case some people want to switch over from plastic to metal?

I love my plastic Riva thru-hull... not so sure I want to give it up, bc i LOVE how that pipe stays really cool and doesn't let the exhaust pipe heat up the hull. After 30 minutes of WOT, I can wrap my palms around that pipe no problem... but I might be interested in the bling factor of a metal pipe to match my metal intercooler and metal IC plumbing

+1
    Shibby, Mark custom built a pipe for me to try. Once i get my ski together and determine that the pipe fits they will be marketed in my online store as replacement pipes for the plastic Riva pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Shibby, Mark custom built a pipe for me to try. Once i get my ski together and determine that the pipe fits they will be marketed in my online store as replacement pipes for the plastic Riva pipes.
    and the crowd cheers! yay!...

the hull getting hot inside u mean shib right, what about wrapping it up?? think that would help? Yea I am all about metal in general easy to fix if cracks or anything plastic and exhust not good i think. Hmm Is it possible to install all thru hull or power pipe w/o removeing the pump houseing? I am just nervous in doing that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information