Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Performance mods for vx110 cruiser

I'm a new member/owner of a 2007 Yamaha vx110 crusier and I was wondering if there were any performance mods/products for my waverunner? Or if there is any thing I could do to the waveruner.

Thanks, Mike.

Welcome to the forum!

It's just today that i was reading through my riva mag and i noticed a few parts available for the VX110. Parts like free flow exhaust, performance air intake, and a new impeller. Those mods alone should wake up that ski quite a bit. Go through the riva site and see for yourself.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP12R View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

It's just today that i was reading through my riva mag and i noticed a few parts available for the VX110. Parts like free flow exhaust, performance air intake, and a new impeller. Those mods alone should wake up that ski quite a bit. Go through the riva site and see for yourself.

Welcome...

I would start looking, im not familiar myself with your model of ski.. but really the skies the limit. What you need to do is find out what your budget is, and then we can see what you want... a good beginning thing just for handling.. not speed is new sponsons, handlebars, nozzle, intake. Also a Jims FF rideplate is the best mod you can Buy for your ski.. literally will add about 5mph to your speed.

Don't get a free flow... be a waste of your money and time. Riva Air Filters are also a pretty basic mod. impeller, sure but if your ski is new I wouldnt worry much right now... its also a little tricky to install. I would wait for the impeller till you do a little more to your ski and engine to where you need it.

Also again im not familiar with your engine, but other mods are like

CDI unit (ignition computer)
    lightened flywheel
    trued and welded crank
    milled head (talk to lowell)
    handlebars
    nozzle
    pump
    intake
    ported cylinders!!!! I have a 1200r and i could potentially have it become a 1500r**

PM if you need any help/questions..

Talking Thanks

All sounds good, I'm probally gonna start with a couple small mods and see how they effect the performance. (Ride plate) and some other items. Thanks for the help !!

Mike

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    sure... yeah i started with sponsons, nozzle, and thats it haha... sponsons are unscrewing screws... then screwing it back in pretty much.. you know what sponsons are right?... and yeah talk to Jim his name is tell him you want him to mod you a FF rideplate (F**k** fast ha) and tell him what ski you have.. and you really want to get a aftermarket rideplate like a Riva rideplate or R&D and send him one.. also he probably has pre-made rideplates that then will be quicker, and you'll just pay for the rideplate and he cutting it...

go through the members list, and find Jim Plate i believe, and private message him for his number... and tell him you wanna talk about a plate!

your on my way my man to good speeds...

what are you running at right now? have you tried seeing how fast you've gone?! hopefully haha

Talking Reply

I used my Garmin and got the top speed of 59-60 Mph, little wind and lite chop. My waverunner has 4 hrs on it now, I got it with 0. I'm very happy with it, but can always use a couple more mph's. And i'll try to contact the ride plate guy. PS, I have a yamaha vx110 cruiser.
    Last edited by srt0739; 08-23-2007 at 09:14 PM. Reason: forgot to add last line

Welcome Mike

Boy Mike !!!!!!!!!!

You got that ski a week ago and you just signed up on the board. Where have you been? I guess in the water LOL. We'll hook up when I dump this cold.
    Later
    Cam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Welcome...

I would start looking, im not familiar myself with your model of ski.. but really the skies the limit. What you need to do is find out what your budget is, and then we can see what you want... a good beginning thing just for handling.. not speed is new sponsons, handlebars, nozzle, intake. Also a Jims FF rideplate is the best mod you can Buy for your ski.. literally will add about 5mph to your speed.

Don't get a free flow... be a waste of your money and time. Riva Air Filters are also a pretty basic mod. impeller, sure but if your ski is new I wouldnt worry much right now... its also a little tricky to install. I would wait for the impeller till you do a little more to your ski and engine to where you need it.

Also again im not familiar with your engine, but other mods are like

CDI unit (ignition computer)
    lightened flywheel
    trued and welded crank
    milled head (talk to lowell)
    handlebars
    nozzle
    pump
    intake
    ported cylinders!!!! I have a 1200r and i could potentially have it become a 1500r**

PM if you need any help/questions..
    HallPass I can't even begin to tell you how off base you are with your reply here. The VX110 is a fourstroke!! one or two of the mods you mentioned may apply but the rest are out in left field. Take some time and learn what you are talking about before giving advice to others. I like your enthusiasm I encourage I just do not like to see people given incorrect information.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    HallPass I can't even begin to tell you how off base you are with your reply here. The VX110 is a fourstroke!! one or two of the mods you mentioned may apply but the rest are out in left field. Take some time and learn what you are talking about before giving advice to others. I like your enthusiasm I encourage I just do not like to see people given incorrect information.

yep...

So i was right then!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information