Octane 93 on land 89 on water

if 89 octane is the only grade offered on the water should I use an octane booster? If so which one?

Can't remember I have asked this already or if I was meaning to ask it and never did. couldn't find anything in the other threads.

scot

I wouldn`t add any chemicals to the tank, besides the store bought brands of octane booster hardly increase the octane level...
    running less octane than required might reduce RPM`s and performance from ecu retarding timing if ping/knock is present. if you have to use it, just don`t beat the snot out of the ski while doing so...PR...

my unqualified answer...

octane booster?! dont fool with that, your better off pissing in the tank...just pay the extra for some higher octane gas, feed your monster the best monster food u can give it

I would buy some 101 or higher octane gas. Put it in a gas can and take it to the lake with you. Mix X gallons of 89 and X gallons of 101 to make = 91,92, or 93 octane.

+1
    I run 87 in the summer heat and get better r's than with high test. That is with stock boost. If you are stock, 89 will be fine untill it cools off. Now if you are pushing some boost thats another story. The lowest octain without knocking will give you the best performance.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Octane boost is for the same suckers that buy miracle oil additives. If something was so good at reducing friction don't you think the oil companies would have already added it to their product.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Octane boost is for the same suckers that buy miracle oil additives. If something was so good at reducing friction don't you think the oil companies would have already added it to their product.
    high octane reduces friction too? who knew? And I thought it just burned slower.......think I'll go put some 93oct on the lawnmower wheels, they squeek a bit............just messin', some oil additives do work, but don't look for the oil companies to do anything that COSTS them $$$

Thread Information