Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sonic Booms suck...

...a lot of air that is. I finally made it down to Tampa two weekends ago to meet Ross and get a set of Sonic Booms installed. First of all, Ross is one cool dude. If anyone is not sure how to do customer service right, just give Ross a quick call and he can show you the way.

We hung around a bit in his garage and got everything installed, including setting the TPS. This had to be the hottest day I can ever remember here in Florida, and yet Ross still worked his magic in no time.

After the work was done, we took a trip out to the bay for some testing. Again, it was HOT; the air was hot and the water was just as hot. All I can say, is the midrange response is awesome! Hit the throttle and it just comes alive. Just that alone makes a set of these more than worth it!

Between the heat and the cops (and an exhaust problem), I didn't get a chance to see how this will help the topend out. Once I get the exhaust fixed, I'll post what my max RPM's end up.

Again Ross, thanks for the hospitality. Next time I'm bringing the cop repellent

Nice you will have to let us know the gain. I am doing a milled stock head before I throw those on.

This is my list in order..

Milled Stock Head (Within a week or so)
    Sonic Booms (Before October I think)
    Ported 1390 Cylinders, Pistons, Ect... (Before next summer)

Who knows maybe I will save up and do the big bore Sonic Booms at the same time as the 1390!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Nice you will have to let us know the gain. I am doing a milled stock head before I throw those on.

This is my list in order..

Milled Stock Head (Within a week or so)
    Sonic Booms (Before October I think)
    Ported 1390 Cylinders, Pistons, Ect... (Before next summer)

Who knows maybe I will save up and do the big bore Sonic Booms at the same time as the 1390!
    After seeing a BB in action - all I can say is I want one!! I would be running next to Ross and then he'd hit the throttle and it was like he hit another gear. I was feeling pretty spiffy until I ran up against him. What an eye opener

I've got the fever bad now - a ported 1390 is in my plans. The cool thing is my wife rode her Ultra 250 while we were down there. After seeing Ross run his BB, she was asking me how come my ski was so slow (74.9 just aint cutting it) and what should I do next

+1
    Another happy customer! The mid range 'HIT' is well worth the money alone,the top end is just a bonus. You will notice more torque up top,allowing you to spin a bigger wheel without a big rpm loss. When you start modding your ski,they will work even better!

I am super pleased with my TB's.

Thanks Norm, that headline scared me!! It was a fun day getting to show both you tampa bay also. That stinger pipe is killing your top end big time.. Get that bracket welded on your factory pipe and you will feel a huge difference then.. Would be cool if you both could come down for the big dog shootout N8R is putting together here the 7-8-9 of sep... Should be a great weekend...Ross

+1
    Way to get their attention!!! We all seem to want to know the bad on someone but this is for the good...Congrats to Rossnemo's pro setup and your new found performance!!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    Way to get their attention!!! We all seem to want to know the bad on someone but this is for the good...Congrats to Rossnemo's pro setup and your new found performance!!!!!!!!
    you got my attention , I was getting rilled up till i read the post...my boomers got me more rpm...in fact im running my cool weather number in 100 deg heat.

Yeah Ross's ski has me thinking too about a BB too. The Sonic Boom's are awsome and Ross is always there to help you out.

+1
    + 1
    Ross, we just finished my 03 and it hits in the bottom and mid about as hard as a lightly ported ski that does not have the sonic booms mod yet.
    SOOOOOO well worth the money. I can not imagine having a EFI boat without this mod.
    Thanks Ross!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    + 1
    Ross, we just finished my 03 and it hits in the bottom and mid about as hard as a lightly ported ski that does not have the sonic booms mod yet.
    SOOOOOO well worth the money. I can not imagine having a EFI boat without this mod.
    Thanks Ross!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome news Kirk, glad you are happy with them..
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Now is a great time to get this done if you are all winterized and your ski is sitting..
    Im actually on idle this week so a very quick turnaround (2 days) for anyone wanting the GP1300R Sonic Boom throttle body mod..
    Ross

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information