Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cat temp chip on 07 1300??

Is there any of you guys out there not using the chip on this model.. I understand that it might not be needed!!!Iwill be installing a D-Plate!!
    Last edited by james k; 08-23-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: New info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    Is there any of you guys out there not using the chip on this model.. I understand that it might not be needed!!!Iwill be installing a D-Plate!!
    Hello!!! Anyone home,( Just kidding guys any info would help).. Thanks to all.....

+1
    Hello!!! Anyone home,( Just kidding guys any info would help).. Thanks to all.....
    I had the cat overheat warning go on my 2007 ski (because i have the d-plate), so i bought the chip fron r-d and istalled it. Now the warning turns on as soon as you start the engine for about 10 seconds. So tonite i went to radio shack and bought a pack of 10,000 ohm resisters and installed one in the chip from r-d (after removing the 1000 ohm resister they had in it for the carb boats) I will find out tomorrow if its fixed and let ya know.

+1
    WFO knows all the tricks to that if you can wait for him to get back into town. He should be through with school today late. Different ohm resisters for different years I believe.

+1
    Most of the 06s-07s have been working fine with a 2k ohm resister. I have an 05 that is messing with me, but I will do some testing this weekend to find the problem. A lot of guys run the cat. temp sensor installed. It may turn the light on... sometimes right away. I found if you start it and just crack the throttle right after it starts, it wont go off.

Question - I have no engine mods and don't plan on getting any. I have an R&d RIDE PLATE. I plan on a 13/19, 800grate and new nozzle. would the Dplate do anything for me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Question - I have no engine mods and don't plan on getting any. I have an R&d RIDE PLATE. I plan on a 13/19, 800grate and new nozzle. would the Dplate do anything for me?
    I understand this is one of the first mods people do for more exaust flow but it decreases engine compartment temp by removing the cat-con...

I understand this is one of the first mods people do for more exaust flow but it decreases engine compartment temp by removing the cat-con...

would it do anything performance wise?

+1

Cool

I have a 9mm at the house that will take care of that beep (jk) some people have no problem, think WFO maybe on to answerer will just have to wait and see, you can allways just crank up the radio!

Later cd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I have a 9mm at the house that will take care of that beep (jk) some people have no problem, think WFO maybe on to answerer will just have to wait and see, you can allways just crank up the radio!

Later cd
    I want be able to hear it anyway when you and i are riding because the loud exaust on your ski when you are in front of me!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information