Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2008 Supercharger

I read somewhere that SeaDoo will make a retrofit supercharger for all of the ceramic superchargers of the pre 08 years. Do you think that the old superchargers will be replaced with the new style if you are having problems with the old one. My ski is still under warranty until 2011, knock on wood, I havent had any problems yet, but was wondering if I would get a new supercharger if mine took a dump. That is why I have chosen not to replace with metal washers, at this time. I dont want them to come back and tell me my supercharger warranty was voided if I had the metal washers in it. Thanks

I want to know if the SC is simply going to be a direct bolt on replacement for your current SC or SC clutch, or if it will require some internal gear adjustments and such too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DSmith1178 View Post
    I read somewhere that SeaDoo will make a retrofit supercharger for all of the ceramic superchargers of the pre 08 years. Do you think that the old superchargers will be replaced with the new style if you are having problems with the old one. My ski is still under warranty until 2011, knock on wood, I havent had any problems yet, but was wondering if I would get a new supercharger if mine took a dump. That is why I have chosen not to replace with metal washers, at this time. I dont want them to come back and tell me my supercharger warranty was voided if I had the metal washers in it. Thanks

That is hard to say, but in the past BRP has usually changed the part number of what is ordered to the latest number for that part. They did this when the SC clutch kit was updated a couple of years ago. Usually with a new part number the price increases too. In this case I doubt if there will be complaints about higher prices if the new clutch kit solves all the previous problems.

Richard

+1
    Its the same sc just drill your own hole like i did and you'll be fine. also add the metal washers from jerry and you'll have the same thing for much cheaper i am sure.

theres no way that dealer will know if you have metals or not.

And Trust Me You Don't Wana Blow Them Washers

+1
    Jerry's post on the 08 supercharger also mentioned that the 08's push oil down the center of the supercharger shaft to lubricate the clutch and bearings.
    Seadoo then says they will have a retro-fit kit for previous years.

My point is, does this include the parts needed to have oil pumped into the shaft (as it should have been from day 1)?

If so, great, if not, then no point changing the supercharger. (other than to get metal washers)

+1
    i think they are just trying to make a hole drilled in the sc housing better than it is....it's called upsell.

there is a post on here from jerry a while back where he drilled a hole just like this for the same purpose, i have been riding this way on stage 3 for about 40 hrs now, no issues.

+1
    Actually, Jerry, can you clear this up? Was this fact or just talk?

Also new for 08 is the addition of metal washers
    Clutch lubrication has been improved on 08 models as well with oil being pumped down the center of the supercharger shaft to feed the clutch a constant supply of fresh oil. BRP definitely hit a home run with this design.
    You will notice in the picture that a hole has been drilled at an angle into the supercharger housing to help get more oil to the front bearing. The BRP officials i spoke with didn't know if this hole would make it into production units or not.

Sea Doo will offer a retrofit kit for all previous models that use a supercharger.

Does this "Kit" include the "PUMPING" of oil down the center of the shaft?
    the angled hole drilled is for the ront bearing and ha no impact on the clutch.

+1
    i can tell you for sure there is no need for a pump with that hoel in there oil gets in, every time i take my sc out i have to dump the oil out of that hole....my ceramic bearings are still good as new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drill.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	36266  

+1
    I wonder what they have done inside the PTO cover to spray oil through the shaft.

Meeper, that hole is good for getting oil to the bearings, but it doesn't do much for lubricating the clutch and keeping it cooler.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information