Thread: Sad story.

+1

Sad story.

My neighbor who is buying lightnin' from me, had a motorcycle hit the rear of his truck today...the rider died on impact. He was quite shaken up, he just left my house...the sad part is he just bought the bike from a local dealer friends ours, 4 days ago! He had helmet, boots, leathers but nothing can't stop an impact of a high speed bike hitting an 8,000 lb. truck.

It was a sad situation...the DOT is doing road work right in the middle of spring break again, their timing is impeccable. Traffic is dense and I amsure people hate waiting in the slow one lane traffic on our highway 98.

Prayers sent to the young man's family and friends. They say he was sooo excited about getting the new bike too.

+1
    Thats horrible

+1
    That's tragic, thoughts and prayers out to him and his family!

+1
    Our prayers are with him.
    It can happen so fast.

yup, thats sad My prayers go out to him and his family and freinds.

One of my freinds form the football team, a wide receiver got a new ninja in the summer after his senior year...He was riding and some guy pulled in front of him, he being a new rider paniced and hit the wrong brake and he went over the handle bars doing about 50 mph...turns out he was ok, his arm was shatterd and he had scrapes from slidding across the pavement.

So any of you that have a motorcycle be CAREFUL it can happen in the blink of an eye!

Yesterday we burried the best motorcycle rider of our town, he was only 32 years old, he left a 12 year old daughter and a very young wife, he was riding his very beautyful and super fast moded and customised Suzuki Hayabusa road bike doing a whellie and didn't noticed that a car was coming in his same line in the opposite direction, it was a head on collision.....

Truely tragic. As much as I want a motorcycle I still am afraid of traffic and people and the thought of little protection for the rider. Although I did see a device on the discovery channel that some day might help motorcycle riders.

It was an inflatable air bag that riders wear on their body much like a pfd, its attached by a lanyard which is attached to the bike and if comes detached the air bag inflates giving added protection to the rider when they fall off. The thing costs several thousands of dollars right now but they need to add further protection to the arms and legs as well.

Our thoughts and prayer go out to the young man's family and friends. Always terrible when this happens. Hope your friend will be okay, he needs a friend like you now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet
    Truely tragic. As much as I want a motorcycle I still am afraid of traffic and people and the thought of little protection for the rider. Although I did see a device on the discovery channel that some day might help motorcycle riders.

It was an inflatable air bag that riders wear on their body much like a pfd, its attached by a lanyard which is attached to the bike and if comes detached the air bag inflates giving added protection to the rider when they fall off. The thing costs several thousands of dollars right now but they need to add further protection to the arms and legs as well.
    hmmm that would be kind of neat for the water too.
    I wouldn't mind bouncing across the water at 70.

+1
    sorry to hear this. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Thread Information