Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ski in the shop

Ski in the shop

Well it is exactly 4 weeks to day that my baby has been locked up at that so called seadoo dealer. I am really starting to get depressed on the whole situation. low and behold that during this period all my boys go out and buy skis. After three years of trying to get them to buy some they buy them when mine is having surgery. they take off in saturday and let me tell you im pissed. Sorry I had to blow off a liitle steam. The story last friday when I called was that the parts were on backorder and that it would be a week or so before they get them. My new dealer did call and confirm that seadoo was making changes to the clutch, but they would be shipping out anyday. Lets hope they got it right finally. I am going to give them a call today to see what this weeks story is all about and i will fill you in. you know the saying live and lean. well that just sucks. when buying a ski reseach the dealer before buying from them.

no nothing like that the dealer is a piece of s**t. with the whole service issue. he has been giving me bullshit about my intake.

+1
    Your dealer is full of shit! Seadoo made a change to the clutch months back. All new replacement clutch assembly's will be 06 spec's. The parts are not on back order. I receive a couple of complete rebuild kits every week

thanks hulk now i feel even worse.

It's too bad that so many dealerships can't grasp the concept of good (much less great!) customer service after the sale. My dealer left me on hold to see if my wear ring was in stock and never came back! Neither did I.....

well i got off my ass and called them and he told me that the service dept was to busy to find out the progress right now. they better be busy with my ski.

I would drive over there man, theyll give you bullshit ont eh phone but as soon as you roll up there story always changes...

your dealer is feeding you BS man
    i ordered a 06 clutch kit off greenhulk and i got it in 10 days
    oh and did i mention that i`m on the other side of the fu%^ing world in australia
    get down there and light a fire under the mofo`s ass

Call seadoo corporate or brp. Talk to a costumer service rep and tell them what is going on. They will most likely contact that dealership and they will have on record any and all complaints about that dealership. I had to do that with a yamaha dealership in my area and the yamaha representative was really helpful and got back to me in a matter of minutes not hours not days in minutes. He contacted the dealership and called me back to make sure to tell me of what was going on. That was followed by the manager and owner calling back soon afterwards.

Even though they eventually showed concern for my situation there is litttle the manager or owner can do immediately if they have a sorry mechanic. They can't just call and get a new one. Be calm and cool about the whole thing and what ever you do don't yell or scream or get ill will. All it takes is a lazy sorry mechanic to back up the whole service department and it takes weeks if not months in some cases to catch up. Since then I have a good relationship with that dealership but I too understand the whole picture, there are a lot of people to consider and things happening in their lives. Just be calm if they don't voice their concern for you after all that, try and find another dealership and tell them what had happened to you at this dealership and let them know of you dissatisfaction. Dealerships like hearing that and at the same time it inspires them to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    I would drive over there man, theyll give you bullshit ont eh phone but as soon as you roll up there story always changes...
    I second that! Face to face is better than them giving you pussy BS over the phone...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information