Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SHO--what everyone wants to know!!!!!

Me and Mike went and checked out the new Ski's today..! they had 20 SHO's all lined up, and one 08 GPR...

now, you want the details??

+1
    Not unless you rode 'em.

Details other than what's posted on the Yamaha website?

+1
    How's the marketting cool-aid taste?

I'm going to go ride it sunday.

how bout
    horse power: 210
    boost: 5lbs
    GPS speed: 67.3

motor mounts "same as GPR"

motor is smaller in size than the FXHO

hull is SMC, but the molding process is different. still the same material though, just more compressed

If that is the real deal on the specs, then Yamaha has grotesquely detuned that engine.

You can not take an 1800+cc engine, with less contact space when on plane then a honda civic at 1/3rd to 1/4 the weight, with a supercharger, that rides on two different heat dissipitation (sp?) elements and only hit sub 70ish.

Ah no. That block, and that supercharger are one step away from an ECM Flash and a few parts of being the Hayabusa on water.

I've seen what a retuned 1300cc block can do on a Busa, and then they bumped an additional 500cc's with a puffer to boot? And a centri puffer at that?

When that thing gets unlocked, watch out. Anyone underestimating what Yahama has done with that block, and that new hull is in for a rude awakening.

They have not released the HP numbers for a reason. I would put money on the fact that they purposely held out awaiting the other competing manufacturers to release their official numbers so as to "one up" them at the last moment, with the highest HP number for the season. That OR they already know enough about their competitors and are not concerned with them because they are confident in their acceleration and power-to-weight ratio (via torque/thrust).

Yamaha (as I stated before in another thread) has multiple MAPs/tunes for that ski, that they can throw into assembly in a moments notice on the ECU's. If the last competitor comes out (or the last that they are wondering about) with its numbers, Yamaha will release the appropriate MAP for the ECU to take top HP.

Thats my prediction. But I will stick to my guns on the fact they severely slowed that thing down.
    Last edited by H2wOah; 08-24-2007 at 10:23 PM.

+1
    It's only running 210 horsepower with 5 lbs. of boost on the SC.

Runs a 67.3mph with 3/4 tank.

It smokes the RXT, Ultra 250 and the 255 RXP from 0-top speed. (Eventhough it has'nt officially run against the 255, the stop watches from the Sea Doo guys showed differently.)

RIVA already has the SHO kit ready to go...it will turn the SHO into 250hp and about 5-6 mph...not counting Jim's rideplate mod, Pistonwash hull drop and different impellor bends.

[Vadervoice] There is a 2 seater, but it won't be released until 2009..it is fast, it weighs 750 lbs. it will replace the GPR[/Vadervoice]

The ski is amazingly light like Jerry has reported.

The SHO engine WILL fit into the GPR compartment..easily, it is much smaller than the previous FX. The inner cooler and SC are up front and easy to get to and UPGRADE!

Japan won't let go of the ECU info...so no go, on that change of an aftermarket ECU.

We got a very nice ski for what Japan allowed to be introduced imo.

We did'nt get to ride..................yet.

+1
    Kool-aid tastes great! Especially when you can actually see it. I am psyched about the possibility of a SHO engine drop into a GPR...the couplers are different, the pump is different, but these can be overcome. Let see...250hp Yamaha 4SC into the GPR hull....hmmmmmmm.

talked to the MAIN man. here is what he said.

they were making 250 with the non SC 1.8 litre, but everyone wants a SC, so Yamaha of Japan, put the SC on it and made it 210 HP, Yami of Japan did not want to produce the ski with any more power than that.

on Another note, the 2 seater is going to be available in 09, but they are having porpousing issues with it when riding 2 up.

they lined up the RXP, RXT, Ultra, and SHO, and the SHO was the fastest ski. They have not run a new RXTX yet though, I did ask about that.

oh yeah, the SHO has a new pump that can be used in the GPR with some minor changes

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information