Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

$13000 stock RXP-X WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a lot of money for a new stock ski! The question is, if Kawi would have charged $13000 for the Ultra, would you have bought this ski. I love my ski, but I don't think I would have got it for that much. I would have settled for a STX-15F and modded that. I think for 5 more horsepower than ours, they should have topped out at $11700. I think Seadoo loses on this one, but I'm sure that some people will shell out that much. They better hope it gets a lot better gas mileage than ours to make up the difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    Thats a lot of money for a new stock ski! The question is, if Kawi would have charged $13000 for the Ultra, would you have bought this ski. I love my ski, but I don't think I would have got it for that much. I would have settled for a STX-15F and modded that. I think for 5 more horsepower than ours, they should have topped out at $11700. I think Seadoo loses on this one, but I'm sure that some people will shell out that much. They better hope it gets a lot better gas mileage than ours to make up the difference.
    It's not that much considering it will blow away anything on the water.

It is a lot, but how much would it cost to make an rxp go as fast or quick?

It is perfect for those who want a modded ski with a factory warranty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    It's not that much considering it will blow away anything on the water.
    2 grand more than what I paid for my 250X?
    I'm at 70 for about 600 bucks. If I put another 1400 into my ski, I'd be at 13k and would probably be faster than the new Seadoo.

+1
    There is so much more for the new price other than 5 HP. This list in long so I wont go into it. You guys can do your own FBI work. My Sea Doo dealer is also a Kawaski dealer. He rode the RXP_X and the RXT_X this week. He has also ridden many Ultra 250s. He said--(not my words)--"that the RXT-X has best hole shot by far."

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    There is so much more for the new price other than 5 HP. This list in long so I wont go into it. You guys can do your own FBI work. My Sea Doo dealer is also a Kawaski dealer. He rode the RXP_X and the RXT_X this week. He has also ridden many Ultra 250s. He said--(not my words)--"that the RXT-X has best hole shot by far."
    I have never cared for the looks of a Seadoo.... A little too Bling Bling looking for me. I will say though that the new ones really look good. I love the handlebars. I think that the new doo will have a quicker holeshot than the 250X but If I put 2 grand into my ski (the diff from what I paid and what the new Doo costs) I just gotta believe that the new Seadoo won't be able to hang. But I guess everyone will see in a few months.

+1
    My buddie rode the RXP X and the RXT X last week at the dealer show. There was a 250 out there too and the RXT X SMOKED the 250 and we all aready know the RXP X will smoke them both

+1
    Would i pay 13,000 for it damn right. Just think a ski that still is under warranty with all the mods. The reason i haven't modded my ski is because i don't want to deal with the BS when something happens and i need to take it in. If u change the ecu on Ur rxp it will void ur warranty. Any stage III kit will. so would i spend 13,000 for it? You bet Ur butt.

+1
    just remember that the ski that they let people ride at the dealer shows most likely isn't the one that they will be selling at the dealer. Remember the Ultra's were 69 at the shows, but only 65-67 when they got released. This is only my opinion, but i think the RXP-x and RXT-X will be 69 and 67 respectively, but beagleman is right, we can do that for a couple hundred bucks, all mods that are reversible so if something happens, we can switch the new mods for the OEM parts. Not too hard to save a grand or so. By next season, our ski will probably be at 73-74 for that extra $2000 with a much better holeshot than the stock seadoo's. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    just remember that the ski that they let people ride at the dealer shows most likely isn't the one that they will be selling at the dealer. Remember the Ultra's were 69 at the shows, but only 65-67 when they got released. This is only my opinion, but i think the RXP-x and RXT-X will be 69 and 67 respectively, but beagleman is right, we can do that for a couple hundred bucks, all mods that are reversible so if something happens, we can switch the new mods for the OEM parts. Not too hard to save a grand or so. By next season, our ski will probably be at 73-74 for that extra $2000 with a much better holeshot than the stock seadoo's. I guess time will tell.
    04-06 rxp's now are seeing 69 mph stock gps. this new rxp-x will be better

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information