Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277

    Riva Free flow question for you experts

    I have a 2007 GP with no engine mods - just a ride palte and I dont plan on getting any. Would the Riva Free Flow do anything for me? I do plan on getting a 13/19, nozzle and intake grate.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South MS
    Posts
    1,095
    It will slow you down about 1/2mph on top and make your ski louder. Some say it will help acceleration, but my '06 ran better with the stock sound suppression in place.

    If you really are not going to do any engine mods, you will have to buy a dynafly 14/20 and probably have to pitch it to a 13/19 for it to work well with the stock motor. Just my opinion. My stock '06 could only pull a 14/20 6880rpms.

  3. #3
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23

    Exclamation

    Do not depitch a dynafly. It will increase the clearance between the impeller and wear ring and cavitation will result. The OD will get smaller basically.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    It will slow you down about 1/2mph on top and make your ski louder. Some say it will help acceleration, but my '06 ran better with the stock sound suppression in place.

    If you really are not going to do any engine mods, you will have to buy a dynafly 14/20 and probably have to pitch it to a 13/19 for it to work well with the stock motor. Just my opinion. My stock '06 could only pull a 14/20 6880rpms.

    Why don't I just buy the 13/19?

  5. #5
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Why don't I just buy the 13/19?
    They do not make one

  6. #6
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Do not depitch a dynafly. It will increase the clearance between the impeller and wear ring and cavitation will result. The OD will get smaller basically.
    Impros will add material back to increase the OD. I almost went this route earlier in the summer.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    They do not make one

    Solas doesnt make a YF-CD-13/19 for the GP-1300r??? It is on R&D site, 4-tec, riva, and all the other sites. Am I nuts or looking at the wrong thing?

  8. #8
    Don't bother with the free flow in your application.

  9. #9
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Solas doesnt make a YF-CD-13/19 for the GP-1300r??? It is on R&D site, 4-tec, riva, and all the other sites. Am I nuts or looking at the wrong thing?
    No your not nuts!

    In 05 Yamaha went to the High output pump on the GPR's this pump will not accept the YF series impellers, but does accept the solas YG-DF-14/20 commonly reffered to as the Dynafly. Solas currently only offers this in a 14/20 pitch. Skat Impellers made for the Yamaha style Skat pumps will fit as they have a larger hub I have not heard of many people trying these.

  10. #10
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Impros will add material back to increase the OD. I almost went this route earlier in the summer.
    I'd run the stock prop until I get more mods before I depitch a dynafly.

    .02

    now , back to the initial topic.....

    Jcorallo, I would also look into getting a jims plate. this is one of the best bang for the buck mods. WFO has modified several boats here in houston that have have stock compression and some with the stock impeller running 71-73 mph with very minimal bolt ons.

    and Yes, I would keep the stock sound suppression on your stock 2007 GP1300R

    Looking at your mods in your signature, have you sealed your pump shoe yet ? I see you have the PPK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question on Riva Free Flow exhaust for GP1200R
    By ramairformula74 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
  2. riva free flow question
    By inchadeboca in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
  3. New Riva Free Flow Exhaust For Rxt
    By Pinoy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 09:39 AM
  4. RIVA free flow exhaust for the SHO are now available
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 10:09 PM
  5. riva free flow exhaust for 07 rxp
    By mbaseball3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •