My 07 has
    D-plate
    ppk
    open air intake with no screens
    R-D FF plate set at .955"
    800 grate
    14/20 dyna
    Riva EFI unit

So today was the first trip with a new Riva EFI controller. I spent quite a bit of time messing with all the settings, and found that it looses rpm on top when I add fuel with the #3 pot. But heres the deal. It gets rid of that lean bog on acceleration when I give the #3 pot fuel, but it kills my rpms on top. I thought the #2 pot would fix that lean bog but it makes no difference in how it runs no matter where I turn #2. The #1 does make it richer at idle so it works, but it ran best with #1 at stock setting. I finally just unplugged it and it ran fine, same rpms on top. I guess I don't have enough mods to need it, maybe after porting and vf3's I will. Also can someone tell me what # 4 pot does? Thanks guys!

Number 4 is the cross over I think. You want the Red Light to come on at 5500 rpms.

+1
    So maybe thats what I did wrong, not playing with that adjustment?

Im dumb almost when it comes to adjusting my EFI controller. I am use to using a computer to tune.

Here is some instructions from WFO

#1-The Green fuel pot sets the engines fuel delivery idle to midrange cruising at constant throttle. Run this setting till the engine is warm and if it feels or smells "rich" back it down. I am at a 6 on the Green.

#2-The Yellow fuel pot adds fuel on top of the Green when throttle is opened rapidly. Like an accelerator pump. With engine warm perform rolling WOTs and open till you get the most rpm gain or "flare" without stumble. One position at a time open the pot till you reach desired setting.
    I am at a 5 on the Yellow.

#3-The Red fuel pot functions as your main metering circuit. Run the craft WOT and note the rpms. Opening the Red pot adds fuel. You dont have to go far with this one. Most boats run at the #1 setting. I am at 1 on the Red pot.

#4-The RPM selector pot sets the RPMs at which the red(high) speed metering circuit takes over the green and yellow. You want this to go RED at approx 5500 rpms. For testing puposes, slowly accel engine until you see the Red pot light up and make small adjustments to achieve desired rpm setting. Note: 1 is supposed to equal 1000 rpms, 2-2000 rpms and so on. This is only a guide and may not be accurate. My high speed comes in about 5600 rpms and I am set at 7.

+1
    Thanks Chris, thats the info I needed. Wonder why the Riva directions dont have that. The red light comes on as soon as I touch the throttle so its way off. I will plug it back in tomorrow and try it again, thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Im dumb almost when it comes to adjusting my EFI controller. I am use to using a computer to tune.

Here is some instructions from WFO

#1-The Green fuel pot sets the engines fuel delivery idle to midrange cruising at constant throttle. Run this setting till the engine is warm and if it feels or smells "rich" back it down. I am at a 6 on the Green.

#2-The Yellow fuel pot adds fuel on top of the Green when throttle is opened rapidly. Like an accelerator pump. With engine warm perform rolling WOTs and open till you get the most rpm gain or "flare" without stumble. One position at a time open the pot till you reach desired setting.
    I am at a 5 on the Yellow.

#3-The Red fuel pot functions as your main metering circuit. Run the craft WOT and note the rpms. Opening the Red pot adds fuel. You dont have to go far with this one. Most boats run at the #1 setting. I am at 1 on the Red pot.

#4-The RPM selector pot sets the RPMs at which the red(high) speed metering circuit takes over the green and yellow. You want this to go RED at approx 5500 rpms. For testing puposes, slowly accel engine until you see the Red pot light up and make small adjustments to achieve desired rpm setting. Note: 1 is supposed to equal 1000 rpms, 2-2000 rpms and so on. This is only a guide and may not be accurate. My high speed comes in about 5600 rpms and I am set at 7.

Hey Chris thanks again, it works fine now.

Thread Information