2005 FX Cruiser HO-Solas?

Hey guys, well yesterday I hit some wood or something doing 50+ on my bro-in-laws FX...it broke the Aqua vein intake we had installed last weekend ...so gonna try and see if my alum welding buddy can fix it...totall broke it into a front and back piece now...question...when I get that fixed was goona change the impeller too, does anyone know what size/type SOLAS impeller goes on the FX HOs? Thanks as always-Phil

+1
    Solas YG-DF-14/20 Dynafly fits that pump.

Not sure if the DF is recommended for a stock FXHO. It may need more mods to turn it. not sure....

Of you can see if IMPROS has am OEM prop you can purchase to replace the one you have.

Here is the RPM kit that includes the Dynafly
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/pwc_perf_p...160_rpmkit.asp

You definitely need mods, most likely the full RPM kit to turn the YG-DF-14/20. Riverdad did a post on this same topic.

OK, help me here. WIth the Soals...the engine needs to be juicing out more rpms to turn it? If so, why is that, etc...not griping, just looking to add some knowledge into some empty space (got plenty). Also, does the solas prop m ake a big diff vs. the oem prop...my bro-in-law dying for some more mph but loves that ski. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    OK, help me here. WIth the Soals...the engine needs to be juicing out more rpms to turn it? If so, why is that, etc...not griping, just looking to add some knowledge into some empty space (got plenty). Also, does the solas prop m ake a big diff vs. the oem prop...my bro-in-law dying for some more mph but loves that ski. Thanks.
    OK, I'll take a shot at clarifying this, I'm no expert on impellers but this concept makes sense to me. Each impeller will take a certian HP to spin it at a given RPM. If the 14-20 requires more HP to turn it at 10K engine RPM (the HO gear reduction reduces impeller speed proportionately) then your engine will never reach its optimal power band and the prop/engine combo will not be optimal. Onthe other hand, if the impeller is too "small" and runs the engine RPM to the electronic limiter, the combo will also fail to obtain the best speed possible. This impeller tradeoff would also be dependant on whether speed or acceleration is top priority.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie View Post
    OK, I'll take a shot at clarifying this, I'm no expert on impellers but this concept makes sense to me. Each impeller will take a certian HP to spin it at a given RPM. If the 14-20 requires more HP to turn it at 10K engine RPM (the HO gear reduction reduces impeller speed proportionately) then your engine will never reach its optimal power band and the prop/engine combo will not be optimal. Onthe other hand, if the impeller is too "small" and runs the engine RPM to the electronic limiter, the combo will also fail to obtain the best speed possible. This impeller tradeoff would also be dependant on whether speed or acceleration is top priority.
    exactumundo

Makes sense, good info, I'm gonna show my bro-in-law the rpm kit.
    Thanks guys.

Thread Information