1991 SP suddenly hard to start

I have a 1991 Seadoo SP, single carb, with relatively low hours for its age and equally low maintenance. It recently, fairly suddenly, became hard to start. It cranks and cranks. I've found that at near-full-throttle it finally fires and then runs seemingly fine both high speed and idle. It restarts okay until cooled down. Any ideas what to check and/or a service recommendation near Everett, WA. My last dealer experience with it was not a good one.

Lots of people have had lots of fun on this. I'd like to keep it up and going.

Thanks for any ideas,

Donn

+1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by donnf View Post
    I have a 1991 Seadoo SP, single carb, with relatively low hours for its age and equally low maintenance. It recently, fairly suddenly, became hard to start. It cranks and cranks. I've found that at near-full-throttle it finally fires and then runs seemingly fine both high speed and idle. It restarts okay until cooled down. Any ideas what to check and/or a service recommendation near Everett, WA. My last dealer experience with it was not a good one.

Lots of people have had lots of fun on this. I'd like to keep it up and going.

Thanks for any ideas,

Donn
    Just a thought Donn, when I was reading up on Mikuni carbs, there was a listing for a fuel primer that fits single carbs.
    I have a dual carb setup on my XP, and if I don't prime it, then it's tough.
    Two pulls on the cable and she fires up right away, every time.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Peter

Donn, whens the last time the carb was apart and cleaned? Might be time again, also your fuel bowl etc.... Have you changed the plugs recently? Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, but you never know....BigT

Thread Information