my 95 xp under water

my 95 xp 720cc broke lose tonight and went under a dock and tide came in and basically has it stuck under there but thing is tide keep coming in till full tide and now the entire hull is full of water up to the seat. i have not tried to start it yet. if i push the start button with out the key the info gaguae comes on and says there gas and the vts moves up and down. so they look good. but what about my motor i know its water tight but all that water has prob gotten into my airbox and sitten on my pistons or in my crank. if so is the motor now garbage and is there a way to drain the water out of the motor with out taken it apart.

Banned User
    This is not a complete disaster yet. Although with salt water in the engine, things may never be quite right .

In any case, pull the spark plugs and ground them to the two "spare" terminals. That way you can pump out the cylinders when you crank the motor. Just watch out for the crazy spray that will result. If you fire the engine without taking out the spark plugs, you could really screw up the engine further.

If your injection oil reservoir is contaminated, you should siphon it out and change the oil in there.......gas too if applicable.

Spray fogging oil in the cylinders before put the spark plugs back on.

Others may chime in suggesting to change the engine out. But try some of this stuff before dumping the boat or buying a new engine.

well it made it with no issues beside my vts is now needing to be replaced again haha. sucks i just replaced it 3 weeks ago with a new one. but im happy it is now running. me and friends pulled the plugs flipped it over out of the water and cranked it over and yeah a lot of water sprayed out. let it dry out some. new plugs and 93 octane with new oil and she fired right up. so this proves that seadoos are strong and take a beating. lets see it say under water for 5 hours. motor held water in since midnight when we finally got it free till 5 this after noon and keep in mind in this is all salt water. my motor has 250 hours on it and is the orginal motor from 95. just shows built bullet proof it seems. got out on the water gave some warm up passes no smoking well no more then normal since its 2 cycle. then got out ran it few at wot. and then slammed it for 8 mins at wot going up the river and coming back. burned the 5 gals of fuel out. ran perfect whole time. did serval stop and starts. only thing seems to been lost is my fuel sensor seems to have stopped worken so i have no clue how much i got till i run out haha. and my vts.

Quote Originally Posted by amdeus View Post
    well it made it with no issues beside my vts is now needing to be replaced again haha. sucks i just replaced it 3 weeks ago with a new one. but im happy it is now running. me and friends pulled the plugs flipped it over out of the water and cranked it over and yeah a lot of water sprayed out. let it dry out some. new plugs and 93 octane with new oil and she fired right up. so this proves that seadoos are strong and take a beating. lets see it say under water for 5 hours. motor held water in since midnight when we finally got it free till 5 this after noon and keep in mind in this is all salt water. my motor has 250 hours on it and is the orginal motor from 95. just shows built bullet proof it seems. got out on the water gave some warm up passes no smoking well no more then normal since its 2 cycle. then got out ran it few at wot. and then slammed it for 8 mins at wot going up the river and coming back. burned the 5 gals of fuel out. ran perfect whole time. did serval stop and starts. only thing seems to been lost is my fuel sensor seems to have stopped worken so i have no clue how much i got till i run out haha. and my vts.
    my seadoo i got (for free) the motor had been full of water for over a year(even through winter). pulled the plugs.. new battery.. turned it over and got a face full of water!
    did do anytthing else to it then.. we braught it to the lake and tried it out and it started right away and ran so good i even beat a yamaha in a race=P

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by amdeus View Post
    ran perfect whole time
    Way to go!!

Thread Information