Stage II RPM's ?

I was out today on the RXP and I had the chance to get a couple good runs while the water was still nice and calm. I had never really looked at my RPM's at WOT because I usually ride the ocean and never get to see the water this calm. I had 3 good runs and my RPM's were 7600-7700. I am 6'2" and weigh in at 300 lbs. Where should my RPM's be at ?

my rxp with stage 1 was at 8120-8180 in salt water check the washer
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I was out today on the RXP and I had the chance to get a couple good runs while the water was still nice and calm. I had never really looked at my RPM's at WOT because I usually ride the ocean and never get to see the water this calm. I had 3 good runs and my RPM's were 7600-7700. I am 6'2" and weigh in at 300 lbs. Where should my RPM's be at ?

Quote Originally Posted by powerdoo View Post
    my rxp with stage 1 was at 8120-8180 in salt water check the washer

Where the heck are my rpm's going ? gonna look into changing those washers ASAP !!

+1
    Its the HEAT BRO!!!! De-Pitch that 15/20 solas and youll get Rpms back! You will have to bend the prop less if your running a good air intake such as the Riva rear intake! I run the rear and im running 8000-8050 in the heat where as a friend is running sae setup with same pitch on prop and hes only running 7820-7860!!!

+1
    I got about 7800 RPMS when I first installed my Stage 2. After taking 1mm out of the prop it would spin 8000 with a half tank. Now with the Riva thermostat installed I got 8080 consistantly on the weekend.

Prolly the heat and possibly a boost leak or your SC clutch is slipping early. Was the ski surging at WOT between those RPM or would it stay pinned at a certain RPM? Do you have a boost gauge installed?

The rpms were pinned, they were not fluctuating. As far as the boost gauge, NO I do not hve one. How is the pitching process done ?

+1

The rpms were pinned, they were not fluctuating. As far as the boost gauge, NO I do not hve one. How is the pitching process done ?
    Well what weather conditions were you riding in? I see you're in South Florida so I am assuming hot. What were the temp, water temp, humidity, etc.? Do you know what the RAD was? RAD plays a HUGE role in affecting RPM. If your temps and humidity weren't overly hot then I would suspect a possible boost leak. How is your holeshot? Is it really snappy or does it seem kinda slow, like it could be snappier? Were you getting to 7700 RPM quickly or would it slowly get there once it got passed 7000 RPM.

Yes it was hot. but hen again it always is down here. I didnt really make note of all the temps and humidity. IM gonna get my GPS from my friend back and im gonna start taking better recordings with as much detail as possible to be able to get a better idea as to what to do next.
    I want to say that the holeshot was pretty snappy and it got to the 7700 without any hesitation. I am not ruling the boost leak out of the question but sounds like the pitch may be off. Im also going to look at my throttle position because I recently installed a RIVA finger throttle kit and I had to adjust some slack in the cable. I might of thrown the setting off, it might not be opening all the way or opening too much...

Thread Information