Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Can you advance timing with racing ECU..... If so,....

I really don't know much about these racing ECU's but was wondering if you can advance timing with them? If so, how do you do it and how do you compare or see a/f ratio when this is done? Do you plug in a laptop like you would with any EMS for a car?

Can you see timing retard per cylinder? Can you see intake temps?

the timing curve that is programed in the racing ECU is advanced more and quicker than the stock ecu, but it's not adjustable. You add a A/F guage, sensor in the J pipe for A/F info. Do a search on the guage for much info.

+1
    The RR ECU is pre programmed and not adjustable. All the things you mentioned are adjustable with the RR EMS setup.

http://greenhulk.net/?p=65

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    So it would have to be an EMS system to be adjustable?

Im asking because I was wondering if its possible to be tweaked, why you guys with deep pockets in pursuit of the fastest ski aren't using methanol injection. You can advance timing a lot using methanol injection and lean out the fuel to avoid timing retard. Intake temps will be so low you won't even need to spend that $1200 + for an aftermarket intercooler. You just hook it up to the power, hook up the selenoid to a boost line and preset at what psi you want the meth pump to kick in ( I would figure around 4psi since these sc don't boost much) and you will have a shit load of extra power and tq. Of course this would mainly be used on races and such since you will have to fill the meth resevoir every hour or so. Put in a on/off switch to the pump when you wont be using it and decrease timing with the EMS system.

Of course I don't know is this would work on a ski, but the basics are there. All you need is the power source and the boost line to feed the selenoid. Drill a hole in the intake pipe and put the meth nozzle and thats it.

This is already being used in snowmobiles and atv's I believe. Of course cars too. I had a this system in my 1.8T jetta. With a stock baby turbo it gave me 202whp and 251 wtq and the car stock is 150hp and 174 tq. you do the math!

+1
    Snow Performance makes a number of good kits that could be hooked up to the RXP relatively easy. I posted about this quite awhile ago, but since you cannot adjust the timing or the fuel with anything other than with the $3500 EMS setup, they are not much help. One guy replied that he had actually tried a Snow methanol injection kit on his RXP and did not gain anything ... I know they work well in the automotive world, but they don't seem to be much help to our RXP/Ts.

+1
    In my opinion methanol injection/nitrous/etc. do not belong on skis. You have to pitch the prop for the meth/NOS and any time you arent on the juice your ski is a total dog due to the excessive pitch in the prop.

+1
    yup....exactly...there is no inbetween with that stuff as far as prop goes...

Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Jerry, i must be confused.

Arent there big differences in the reasons that people run sprays? I've been under the impression (from talking to Matt Snow) that his kit he would use for the RXP would be to keep things cool and advance timing... nothing crazy like running a 200 shot of nitrous.

In that scenario, wouldnt the alcohol injection just be part of riding the ski all the time, not something you would use just to drag race someone?

+1
    I don't know. Try it!

There are other ways to make big power. I choose the "other ways"

I'll make big power without having to fill NOS bottles, or alchohol jugs.

Just add gas and go! Big power every time i squeeze the throttle

one thing to think about running alcohol as fuel is that, speaking in terms of volume, it takes a lot more of it than gasoline to operate the engine. For example 16 gallons of alcohol might give you the same range as ten gallons of gasoline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information