Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

97 GP1200 question

Had my GP on the water today, and I noticed it kept sitting lower and lower in the water. I trailered it afraid it was slowly going to sink. I started it up on the trailer (after I drained the 20+ gallons of water out of it and pulled it back into the water) and gave it some gas to see if there was a hose loose or a bad gasket somewhere. Water started shooting out of the hole on top of the rubber boot on the exhaust, next to the head. After hours of searching for some diagram of what is supposed to go on this hole, all I have found is that it is probably for a pisser of some sort. One diagram showed a hose going strait out the side of the hull. But the pisser on the side of the hull has a hose going up to the back of the guage cluster by the steering wheel . I never paid attention to this hole, so I'm not sure if the owner before me had it plugged or what. Would it hurt to just plug it?? Or do I need to hook it up? And if so where? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Also, the ski would only top out at about 36mph, and kept sputtering bad and bogging down. I suppose it is all related but I'm not positive.

+1
    pisser comes of the top of the exhaust and out the left side of the hull

Thats what I was thinking, but why is there a hose coming from the pisser hole on the side of the hull to the guage cluster??? I don't think there is a T on it or anything either. Would it hurt anything to just plug the hole on top of the exhaust?? Or should I hook it all up, and where exacty would I hook it since there is already a hose there??

+1
    but why is there a hose coming from the pisser hole on the side of the hull to the guage cluster?

There shouldnt be,hook it up to the exhaust and your fine.
    theres a small plastic fitting with 2 female ends one goes to the hose and the other to the exhaust.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    the pisser should be nowhere near the guage. There should be a clear hose going from the guage straight down to the bottom of the hull. You should see that when you remove the front bucket. The pisser is needed on the exhaust. look for a loose black hose on that side of the ski.

I'm not sure, thats what I didn't understand. But its wire tied and everything... So I should just unhook it from there and hook it to the exhaust? It's not some kind of sensor or anything is it?

I wonder if the guy who owned the ski before me just eliminated the side pisser too. He took the hose off of the fountain pisser too. Is that ok if it's just plugged? I would imagine its there for a reason...

What is the clear hose coming from the guage??

+1
    If your not interested in fixing it why ask the question

Hook it up right its there for a reason
    The visibility spout in the rear you dont need the pisser you do.
    Scott

I do want to hook it up but I don't have the fitting and I have a lake trip this weekend. Thats why I asked if it would hurt. I will look for a loose hose or just buy a new one and make it work. Thanks for the help

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

Download the manual

Section 4-2 gives the routing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information