Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    2

    Intercooler placement

    What is everyone doing with these XS intercoolers for placement? Are you guys making mounts? Oh yea this is on a RXP. What about IC piping?


  2. #2

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    2
    yes but if you keep reading that post he mentions he no longer sell s the piping seperatly....

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    I welded up a bracket for my XS and then used my flex piping...I can replicate that bracket after this upcoming weekend. I'm swapping IC's, so I need to make a new bracket. I'll just replicate my original one that will bolt in perfect, but it was designed for my flex pipes...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marrero,La
    Posts
    16
    Danny,Why are you replacing your intrecooler?
    What are you going to put in?

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by gold rxp View Post
    Danny,Why are you replacing your intrecooler?
    What are you going to put in?

    I got a new IC from a forum member, one that he made...very high quality, hand built...I will be posting info on it in the next day or two. I want to get it installed before this weekend's ride, but I don't have my SC back so I can't set it up yet...

    Nothing wrong with the XS unit, its been flawless...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marrero,La
    Posts
    16
    Great to hear .I have an XS intrcooler/kit in the box.Just need to make time to install.How many rpm's/mph can I expect to see? Stage 1 tweeked to 8100.
    currently running [email protected]

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gold rxp View Post
    Great to hear .I have an XS intrcooler/kit in the box.Just need to make time to install.How many rpm's/mph can I expect to see? Stage 1 tweeked to 8100.
    currently running [email protected]
    I installed mine last week and gain right at 200 I believe.

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by gold rxp View Post
    Great to hear .I have an XS intrcooler/kit in the box.Just need to make time to install.How many rpm's/mph can I expect to see? Stage 1 tweeked to 8100.
    currently running [email protected]

    I ran a 71.4 with my Stage one RXP before I installed my XS setup, which now has 30 hours and MUDBUG on it! After installing it, a 4" intake, and a thru-hull...and swapping props to a 3-blade Skat, I have gotten a BEST speed of 75.6 @8100 with stock SC/injectors/ECU....I can pull 73-74 all day long....

    I'll be making a copy of this bracket in the next few weeks, since it will be out of the ski....

  10. #10
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I ran a 71.4 with my Stage one RXP before I installed my XS setup, which now has 30 hours and MUDBUG on it! After installing it, a 4" intake, and a thru-hull...and swapping props to a 3-blade Skat, I have gotten a BEST speed of 75.6 @8100 with stock SC/injectors/ECU....I can pull 73-74 all day long....

    I'll be making a copy of this bracket in the next few weeks, since it will be out of the ski....
    is this the Jfizzle bracket?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. intercooler radiator placement?
    By FL03GTX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
  2. Intercoolers - Rotax Racing v. Turbo Tech
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. PPG power pipe, RR intercooler with all the plumbing.
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 01:54 PM
  4. I need help remove stock intercooler
    By orc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
  5. adding external intercooler to 2003 gtx sc motor
    By rapidacceleration in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •