Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427

    Got waxed by an RXP

    Was messing around in the river racing my buddies 07 GPR (we have identical setups but mine has R&D rideplate where his doesn't - ppk, 1200 grate, d-plate) Anyway, this guy with a passenger on his rxp was riding near us and as I started approaching he pinned throttle and started walking on me. What can i do to my GPR aside from trade it in to keep up with one of these SC'd skis in such a circumstance?


  2. #2
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    You can mod your 2 stroke to make one of those even modded look slow.

    I would go with

    Milled Head
    VF3 Reeds
    Sonic Boom Ported Throttle Bodies
    Jetworks Kit
    EFI Controller
    Key Way
    14/20 Dynafly
    Modded R&D Rideplate by Jim or Carl


    That will get your ski moving about 75mph or so depending on how it is setup on the bottom of the ski.

  3. #3
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427
    thanks man, where do i find the sonic booms tho and how much are they?

  4. #4
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    Was messing around in the river racing my buddies 07 GPR (we have identical setups but mine has R&D rideplate where his doesn't - ppk, 1200 grate, d-plate) Anyway, this guy with a passenger on his rxp was riding near us and as I started approaching he pinned throttle and started walking on me. What can i do to my GPR aside from trade it in to keep up with one of these SC'd skis in such a circumstance?
    I have the same question, but in my case i have a 1200. Bigbore?

  6. #6
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by GP12R View Post
    I have the same question, but in my case i have a 1200. Bigbore?
    You could go with some 1300r Cylinders, pistons, vf3s, ect... That would give you a big gain.

  7. #7
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    I made my stock 1200R hit 73 with all bolt on mods. I did have the OEM head shaved to get 150PSI everything else was purchased. Jims 1300 FF Plate, 05 Pump with 14/20 DF, rejetted carbs with Prok F/A's, R&D D-Plate, Riva Reed stuffers. Stepped sponsons, Shimmed Trim Tabs, 800 R&D grate, PPK, Riva sound suppresion, Jetworks mod. This was GPS'd in ideal conditions glass with a little ripple. it hits hard and will definitely keep up with the RXP's

  8. #8
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    I made my stock 1200R hit 73 with all bolt on mods. I did have the OEM head shaved to get 150PSI everything else was purchased. Jims 1300 FF Plate, 05 Pump with 14/20 DF, rejetted carbs with Prok F/A's, R&D D-Plate, Riva Reed stuffers. Stepped sponsons, Shimmed Trim Tabs, 800 R&D grate, PPK, Riva sound suppresion, Jetworks mod. This was GPS'd in ideal conditions glass with a little ripple. it hits hard and will definitely keep up with the RXP's
    Wow, that is crazy. Turning a 14/20 DY with just a head basicly!?!

    Must have taken awhile to get there.... I marked off a 1/4 mile section at the lake once and ran just over 70 in the 1/4 area.

  9. #9
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    It is a little steep, hole shot is not the best but from 3500 RPM on it hits hard. this will become a ported 1300 in a couple weeks soon as my jugs arrive.

  10. #10
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Wow, that is crazy. Turning a 14/20 DY with just a head basicly!?!

    Must have taken awhile to get there.... I marked off a 1/4 mile section at the lake once and ran just over 70 in the 1/4 area.
    73.8 was the best I pulled off in superman I rode for miles that morning it was great. Spud was turning 14/24 in his unported 1200 over the winter hit 77

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who's got pictures of an RXP with a rear tow hook?
    By pittperson in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
  2. Can an 07 Fuel Pump be replaced by an 08 RXP-X fuel pump?
    By TheElite0ne in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
  3. Well Got An Rxp Motor For A Conversion
    By LAZBUSA in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
  4. How to spin out an RXP.
    By MikeTrin in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
  5. Will 11 buy an RXP or RXT?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •