Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good News, Bad News ebay IC

Finished the mount and took it out today.
    60 degrees air, and 50 degrees water(might have been less I think the seadoo only shows to 50).

Good news
    I ran with the seats off and I didn't get any water so I don't have any leaks. Water was freezing! I had to leave the trailer in the water so I could back off it and then drive back up and stay out of the water. It seemed to have alot of power I would get to 8100 in 1 and a half seconds and I had some cavitation , almost felt like I was shifting gears.

Bad new
    I maxed at 64 so either I have a boost problem or my impeller has something wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the impeller because I did a wack job on it trying to bend it from a 13.5/17.5 to a 13.5/19.
    I'm sending it off to Dave at impros on Monday to get a 13.5/19 unless he wants to do something else with it. I'm also ordering a digital boost gauge.

Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    dang sorry to hear that. I was hoping you'd get 76mph at least. loll.

+1
    was it loud

Ya it has a loud whine like a turbine engine.
    When it gets warmer I'm going to have my wife record a drive by.

Re: Good News, Bad News ebay IC

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Finished the mount and took it out today.
    60 degrees air, and 50 degrees water(might have been less I think the seadoo only shows to 50).

Good news
    I ran with the seats off and I didn't get any water so I don't have any leaks. Water was freezing! I had to leave the trailer in the water so I could back off it and then drive back up and stay out of the water. It seemed to have alot of power I would get to 8100 in 1 and a half seconds and I had some cavitation , almost felt like I was shifting gears.

Bad new
    I maxed at 64 so either I have a boost problem or my impeller has something wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the impeller because I did a wack job on it trying to bend it from a 13.5/17.5 to a 13.5/19.
    I'm sending it off to Dave at impros on Monday to get a 13.5/19 unless he wants to do something else with it. I'm also ordering a digital boost gauge.

50 degrees isnt bad!!! haha

I had sandals on and went I would walk about a foot deep to push the ski off, I would walk back out of the water and I could feel the blood going back to my toes.

I so nervous of having to swim if I sprung a leak. I was hugging the bank just in case.

Re: Good News, Bad News ebay IC

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I'm pretty sure it's the impeller because I did a wack job on it trying to bend it from a 13.5/17.5 to a 13.5/19.
    I've got my money on the "wack job" to the impeller being the cause..

I've got pictures but it's hard to see. If you look at my trailing edge, it makes an upside down V. If you look at my blades from the side and see the leading and trailing edge angle. It slopes downward then goes up and then down about half way.

Dave will get me fixed up.

Bro, put the stock prop back and try again.

My impeller needs work anyways. I'm just going to send if off. During the down time I'm going to put engine-ice in the coolant. Install a Boost Guage. Install a bilge-pump and redo the wiring to my battery monitor, and 4" attwood turbo fan. Remount my rear tubes in my turbo fan. If I have time I'm going to install the thru hull exhaust and I'm hoping the skegs and SC washers will be out in a week or two for those.

Busy , Busy before it starts getting in the 70-80's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information