Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64

    New R&D products

    I got on the list today for a couple of new Products R&D has coming out.
    The fix for the gas in oil problem and also the intercooler upgrade. R&D said it would be a few more weeks before they will be available. I have a very slight smell of gas in the oil but not to the extent that some have had. In between oil changes, I have noticed a very small increase in the amount of oil pulled out but it's been less each oil change. There has been a lot posted on this issue. What I can't figure out is: If someones ski is running good, how can the oil be reaching the crankcase through blowby?
    I may be off base here but if the blowby is bad enough to allow in some cases a quart of gas to reach the crankcase, wouldn't the cylinder pressure be low and likewise the performance down?


  2. #2
    halfassjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Posts
    549
    how do you get on the list?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    20
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I got on the list today for a couple of new Products R&D has coming out.
    The fix for the gas in oil problem and also the intercooler upgrade. R&D said it would be a few more weeks before they will be available. I have a very slight smell of gas in the oil but not to the extent that some have had. In between oil changes, I have noticed a very small increase in the amount of oil pulled out but it's been less each oil change. There has been a lot posted on this issue. What I can't figure out is: If someones ski is running good, how can the oil be reaching the crankcase through blowby?
    I may be off base here but if the blowby is bad enough to allow in some cases a quart of gas to reach the crankcase, wouldn't the cylinder pressure be low and likewise the performance down?
    Did they give prices?

  4. #4
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    how do you get on the list?
    Call them.

  5. #5
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    Did they give prices?
    Jason,
    No prices yet. Butch at R&D did say that it would be a few more weeks before they would be on sale.
    Jimmy

  6. #6
    ercBOOSTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    1,093
    +1
    3
    I got on the list today. Just so you know, you don't have to give them any money when you get on the list. You are just putting your name on the list and they will call you when they are ready to go. I suggest you get your name on the list before its too late cause these will be some hot items.

  7. #7
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    I got on the list today. Just so you know, you don't have to give them any money when you get on the list. You are just putting your name on the list and they will call you when they are ready to go. I suggest you get your name on the list before its too late cause these will be some hot items.
    ERC is right.
    If you want one, get on the list. I think these 2 items will wind up being like the Riva ride plate so far as availability.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    508
    Beagle, do you plan on getting the Performance package from R&D for the $1770?

  9. #9
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cue03 View Post
    Beagle, do you plan on getting the Performance package from R&D for the $1770?
    Curtis,
    I thought about it.... but for $1770.00.........
    Not no but HELL NO
    I guess I'll wait and see what R-rated and Riva come out with.
    Jimmy

  10. #10
    A few weeks ago I ran into Bill Chapin at Lake Havasu and had a chance to ride an Ultra 250x with the R&D Pulley on it. The boat also had some sponsons on it with a 1 degree wedge. I think the ride plate was different too. I had my stock boat out there and I can say the R&D boat was about 3.5 mph faster then my stocker. The boat also handled great; the "nose" of the boat was not too light like some wedges / ride plate combos bring on. Even though the atmospheric conditions where terrible that day (about 110 degrees and 60% humidity), I was impressed with how the R&D boat ran with the Pulley on it. We all know how hard it is to get the Ultra up to 70 mph, well the Pulley certainly brings it to that number. Anyway, for those of you thinking about the R&D products I hope my impression of the Ultra with those products on it give you a clearer picture of what it is like. Regards. John.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 03:24 PM
  2. "NEW" Rad 4 Racing Product!!
    By jetskibum1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 04:35 PM
  3. New R&D SuperCharger Products (Results)
    By blowbyu in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 09:59 AM
  4. New product from Rotax Racing
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. R&D " new products" SC filter kit
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •