Thread: S/C lock up.

Question S/C lock up.

I went to my dealer today for the fuel line recall. The mechanic came out took two minutes and said my line was good, so I was happy that I'll have my ski for the up coming weekend. I started talking to the Mechanic and a friend whos the sales manager, about the skies and the problems that I've read about on the forum and asked what they have seen come through the dealership. They told me that they have had a rash of S/C locking up from corrosion inside the housing. So they told me to flush the ski for at least 20 minutes and to spray silicon down into the intake scoop to help lube the S/C, has anyone heard of this problem?

SeaDoocer
    Isn't that mainly from salt water use? Where is the intake?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    Isn't that mainly from salt water use? Where is the intake?
    I ride in only salt water. When I got my ski the Kawi tech here drilled a whole in my hose coming out of the air intake box in front of the motor and going to the S/C and told me to lube in there after every use with straw for lube spray. Do it every time I ski and have had no problems. Now the intake holes are right above the latch of your hood on the front of the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    I ride in only salt water. When I got my ski the Kawi tech here drilled a whole in my hose coming out of the air intake box in front of the motor and going to the S/C and told me to lube in there after every use with straw for lube spray. Do it every time I ski and have had no problems. Now the intake holes are right above the latch of your hood on the front of the ski.
    The holes you are talking about are not intake holes. It's the front vents and they do not hook up to anything. By the way, sounds like your tech
    drilled a hole in the hose running from the intake to the s/c

the Kawi guys said that spraying through the intake hose would help, but if they are just vents I'll just spry it throught the front intake holes.

+1
    I would pull the hose going to the exhaust ventilators at the intake side and spray right into the intake with the engine running. It shouldn't hurt if you run it for just a few seconds or do it during your flush.

Okay, first too much oil and it's coated everything and now we're going to spray oil into the intake to lube the supercharger?!

We're talking a misting of lubricant. Not a quart of oil that some have seen in their intercooler lol

And this is to prevent corrosion of the supercharger screw. There have been some cases of S/C's seizing, wonder if that was from salt riding. I ride the salt all the time as well.

I have not had any issues so far, but this weekend I will bring my ski to work and check out some internals with one of our borescopes.

I ride in salt water most of the time, I've just made sure to flush it for a long time and every other flush I put a shot of dawn in the line, it's cheaper then salt away and seems to work.

Thread Information