Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who has the fastest Rxp here?

and what stage kit do you got? I got my gps ordered and need to know what to expect with the different kits i plan on going all the way by summers end.
    whos got the fastest rxp here? whats the speed numbers.

I have a fast rxp stage 3 doubt if it is the fastest, but it'll get there quick: Me and hulkster are the only ones I know that has a stage 3. Speeds? well my best was 83.1 but it was 50 degs that day no gas perfect conditions, alot of 77-78-79-speeds though good luck, and it will cost around 6k.

+1
    Yea, peteshauling is definately the fastest. I also have the Rotax Racing Stage 3 kit and i believe pete and i are the only ones on this board to have that kit.

My fastest speed in the winter time was 76.8, but that was with a Stage 1 kit. Heat kills the power of these things bad so in the heat of summer my speed dropped down to 74.5. That same day i pulled my head off and sent it in for the Stage 3 which consists of the ported head and racing camshaft. Supposed to be rated at 270 horsepower.

I have yet to break my fastest speed even with the Stage 3 kit, but i am having issues that i am slowly discovering. I'll get to the bottom of it and my speeds will come up, but i doubt i'll ever get over 80 in this Louisiana heat.

omg, thats sick speed! So stage2 will be low 70's and stage3 will be high 70's? is that what your running pete? stage 3? hulk is your stage 3 the same as pete's? I hvae been reading up on your postings with the kits I will have enough money to get them through the summer. is it better to go stage2 to 3? or just wait and get it all at once? Will i run 76 in August down here in polk county fla? I would love to see 76!!!!!!!

+1
    I will never have top 10 speeds but I want to be break 75 someday and I know it's going to require the ECU to get the RPM's and some tweaking on the Solas to match. I'll have the RR IC and Vortech and speed venturi with all the other basic mods in that neighborhood, but no internal stuff for me (so I say).

+1
    peteshauling and i are both running the same kit.

The stage 3 kit is supposed to do 78-80
    stage 2 76-77
    stage 1 75'ish

so my speed was higher in febuary. I guess thats why the speedo is about the same as it was then. I thought it might have been that. i like the kit the accel is awesome! the heat does'nt stop that. when you supposed to do 78, 80 does yours do that pete in the summer now or was that in the colder weather? I am psyched to go those speeds that would be faster than any ski out there by far. 6k ?dayum I'll get there now. how much speed does the heat take out with 88 degree weather?

+1
    most RXP speedos will not read over 70, they stay stuck there. if you want your true speed get yourself a cheap GPS. It's an valuable tool in tuning and determining what mods work and what doesnt.

how much speed will the heat take away. that depends on too many variables to even answer that question. humidity, water temp, air temp, eleveation, barometric pressure... too many variables so i guess you will just have to wait and see

got a gps on the way. the ski feels faster from go to 70 but the speedo is the same as it was earlier in the season. i guess the heat is the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by muskadoo
    so my speed was higher in febuary. I guess thats why the speedo is about the same as it was then. I thought it might have been that. i like the kit the accel is awesome! the heat does'nt stop that. when you supposed to do 78, 80 does yours do that pete in the summer now or was that in the colder weather? I am psyched to go those speeds that would be faster than any ski out there by far. 6k ?dayum I'll get there now. how much speed does the heat take out with 88 degree weather?
    Well it's wierd, Last summer I only had a water box mod and a home made air intake system and I was hitting 70 on a regular basis, I haven't ran my ski yet with the stage 3 yet,in the heat my ski is still down, but I sure will post results as soon as I get my ski back together All my best speeds were in 50-60deg weather.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information