Thread: Need Help!!!!

Need Help!!!!

05 RXP

Guys I know this is a long shot but I figure I will ask anyway. Here goes.

My ski is doing some wierd stuff. When the lanyard is plugged in I get nothing no lights, no chirping, nothing. When the lanyard is off the (program module) "the thing that holds the fuses in the front" makes this horrible low pitch buzz. It is not loud but you can hear it with the hood up. In the picture below when I unplug the fuse that I am pointing at the buzzing stops. When the lanyard is plugged up I think I hear what might be the starter sylanoid clicking, but I am not positive that it is the starter. But the buzzing does stop fuse or no fuse.

The wierd thing is this buzzing sound has happened before and it just went away. The symptoms were a little different. It would start fine but when you pulled the lanyard it wouldn't stop. But eventually it would shut off. Like I said it went on for a day or so and then quit. This reappeared a year later and about 60 hours of ride time.

If there is anyone that has had these problems any info would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0227.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	36597  

check all the wires and make sure none of them are damaged or dislocated or a fuse is blown all i can say

That was my first thought. But from what i can tell they are all good wires and fuses.

All the Genius that visit this web site need to help a brother out. Even if it is just a good guess. Or something I can check. It has been 6 weeks and seadoo is not moving fast. They haven't even called to tell me I can bring it in. And when I checked with them today they say 2 more weeks before I can bring it to them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brad2510 View Post
    All the Genius that visit this web site need to help a brother out. Even if it is just a good guess. Or something I can check. It has been 6 weeks and seadoo is not moving fast. They haven't even called to tell me I can bring it in. And when I checked with them today they say 2 more weeks before I can bring it to them.
    Sounds like a freaked-out MPEM, but what freaks me out is the time-line the dealer gave u......and that was just to look at it! Talk about service after the sale. Unless Shibby can shoot u an answer off the top of his head, I would say u need to be hooked up to the B.U.D.S. program and diagnose, or do u know someone else w/ 04 or 05 that will let u swap MPEM and/or ecu and lanyards?

That sounds like a good start. Shibby i need your help on this. Does anyone know were you can get a copy of the b.u.d.s program?

+1
    B.U.D.S. is not for sale, exactly....that is to say I can give u all the part #s and you could order them up, but when it arrives and u do software install, u will need activation code that only brp dealers can get. So, whats your dealer # again I tried the same thing, no dice u gotta do what u gotta do, my dealer is in Chalmette and I don't think Bruce would make anyone wait that long.......u would at least know what u were waiting to be fixed if buds diagnostics pointed to a problem. As far as buds (the software) is concerned, where the hell are all the hackers when u need them?

Thread Information