Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Someone borrowed my ski

Went to a lake party Saturday and while I was gone my boss's brother in law borrowed my ski a 1100zxi. When I got back he told me that my ski had died and he had to swim it back.

I was looking at the ski and noticed it was sitting low in the water, pulled the seat and it was half full of water. The brother in law's 7 year old kid then comes up and tells me that his dad flipped the ski while riding with the kid.

I'm still a newbie with skis. The brother in law told to "just ride it, it'll blow that water out". We started it but it quickly died. I took it out of the water, drained it and pulled the plugs. The water blew as high as the tops of trees. We were able to then get it started. It seemed to run OK. I didn't put it back in the water I was too pissed.

Is there anything else I need to check before I put it in the water. I don't really want to get stranded on the lake again. I also did that Saturday when I was told to ride a different ski to charge up the battery. It died in the middle of the lake.

+1
    I would clean out your carbs, the oil and water will leave white crap all over everything. Check compression to make sure you didnt blow a gasket. Then put it in the water to find out how the water got in there, filling it once should not fill it up. Just be gentle untill you know its ok. If you find out something is wrong I think i might have a rebuild kit that i would let you have few a few bucks.

Don't forget to kick your boss's brother-in-law square in the nuts!!!

Always.........always keep your lanyard on you at all times.Do not leave it or a spare in or attached to the ski.That guy had some nerve taking it for a spin without your knowledge.People don't realize how much these things cost,how fast they really are,how to operate them properly,etc.They also don't know the boating laws.Be very careful who you trust with it man,very careful.

I'm pissed and it's not even mine!

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    Don't forget to kick your boss's brother-in-law square in the nuts!!!

Ditto that. Amazing how peopel act like your ski "just messed up" Back in July, My brother-in-laws brother-in-law just jumped on my wife's gtx while I was at the store and cranked(this after I told them I was going to go get some oil to put in it to leave that one alone)it while it was sitting on the beach basically...mud, shells, etc....alll up in there-=F'd everything up. Told me he just "moved it"...I publically banned him in front of everyone from ever riding any of our skis again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    I publically banned him in front of everyone from ever riding any of our skis again.

thats great -

I had a friend hit a dock with my ski - IM Like ARE YOU SERIOUS - i told you about the reverse lever and how to use it. Some people just think jet skiing is easy - I can spot a Uber noob riding from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenGumby View Post
    thats great -

I had a friend hit a dock with my ski - IM Like ARE YOU SERIOUS - i told you about the reverse lever and how to use it. Some people just think jet skiing is easy - I can spot a Uber noob riding from a mile away.

I saw a guy run up on the bank the other day, he came flying in waving to his friends, gunned it-then panic set in and he then turned it off went about 4 ft up onto the bank, lucklily was grass/dirt...no rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Ditto that. Amazing how peopel act like your ski "just messed up" Back in July, My brother-in-laws brother-in-law just jumped on my wife's gtx while I was at the store and cranked(this after I told them I was going to go get some oil to put in it to leave that one alone)it while it was sitting on the beach basically...mud, shells, etc....alll up in there-=F'd everything up. Told me he just "moved it"...I publically banned him in front of everyone from ever riding any of our skis again.
    I was in the same situation as you. I beach my Kawi Ultra and went to air up the tube. I left my jetski with my brother in law to watch. I told everyone to push it out to a deeper water before starting it up. Some dumb ass girl got on it and crank it up, punch the throttle. I can hear the the jet pump sucking and grinding rocks and debris. When I got back, I wanted to punch that b***h . I wasn't able to ride it for over 3 weeks, and it cost me over $500 to fix my pump. Note to self* NEVER let anyone ride your jetski!

+1

Update on flipped ski

I finally got a chance to put my ski back in the water to see how it ran after the bosses brother in law flipping incident. It ran great. I ran it WOT for 2 hours on a small 1000 acre lake. I did it on Saturday morning and I was the only ski on the lake and the only other people on the lake were about 5 bass fisherman. I guess we got the water out of the engine quick enough because there weren't any hiccups for the full two hours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information