+1

Need opinions on 2000 slx price

I found a 2000 slx for sale, and i was wondering what a good price would be to pay for it. I haven't seen it yet, but supposedly it only has 70 some hours on it, the hull is in good condition, it comes with a single place shorelander trailer that is the same age as the ski and a cover. They're asking $3200 o.b.o for it. I looked it up on Nada.com and high retail says $3100 and low retail is $2800. What do you guys think, is $3200 about average for a ski like this, or should i offer less? Some opinions please.

+1
    sounds fair it just depends on the condition of the ski . but you have to try and beat him down a little bit

+1
    Thanks Lugs. I always plan on TRYING to beat the seller down a little bit, but i was just wondering if he won't give, if $3200 is average. I saw one on Ebay just recently with 50 some hours on it with a trailer that had a starting bid of $2850 and didn't sell. Unfortunately it's 13 hrs away from my house. Also the skiing season is winding down here, so I wouldn't be riding it much before storing it for the winter. I'm thinking about offering about $2800 for it like the one on ebay to see if he'll take it.

Sounds like a fair price. I'm always willing to pay a bit more for something if it's been well taken care of. Paid that for my 00 Virage this spring. Had 60 hrs on it and was in excellent shape, plus it was only 15min from my house. I knew I might find one a touch cheaper, but might have to drive a few hours, and it wouldn't be in this good of condition.

Personally I think he is offering a little too much, I would offer him 500 less and see where it goes from there. I would try to get him to come down some. If you can wait, ski prices drop the closer and closer to the end of summer we get.

Thread Information