Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Anybody else miserable riding 2-up on a GPR?

I ask this because I am tore up from riding this past weekend. Even with a minor ripple in the water with 2-up my stock GPR wanted to porpoise. My neck is still jacked!! I thought I was being nice when a girl kept bugging me to take her out to the water so I decided to take just one of my ski's. Never again!!! I don't remember my Doo's being so unforgiving with 2-people. I saw the Jeff Gordon GSX while I was launching too. Can't miss that ski for sure!!! Think I might have to buy an SHO before i do that again... Doh!

+1
    Last weekend I had my first experience two up on a GPR I was riding [email protected] We had to tow my ski for like 20 miles. It porpoised all the way. We did hit 67.8 gps two up. We averaged 40-45 towing my ski behind a Doo and we followed on the GPR.

+1
    I no longer have my GPR, but borrowed it from my brother to ride with 3 other people. On the way back, I swapped from my RXP to the GPR ... phew, not fun! I weigh 170ish, the other passenger weighed 250+. It was tough getting on it, tough at low speed, and the ride at speed was not great, I also forgot how wide the seat is. I gotta say, the RXP is not perfect, but I have had 3 170+ lb guys on it and it was still stable and ran 72 mph. I have done 74 mph with two people on the RXP and it is solid as a rock.

The GPR is a great hot-rod ski, but it is not the best for two-up riding IMO.

+1
    First, I just hate anybody else on my ski. It's NOT a 2 person ski, no matter how Yami describes it.

I have, however, had a passenger on my ski a few times. Since it was preplanned, I shimmed the crap out of the rear of the rideplate, which at least kept it from bouncing.

I can only say that, barring some extraordinarily nice boobies, nobody is getting on the back of my ski again.

I have been over 70 mph with a girl on mine. I had her ride in front and i held the bars. Slight ripple, 1 up.

+1
    Remember this is on my stock ski.. Stock rideplate. If this was my mod boat I think I would have rented her a VX110 after the first ride. It's amazing how popular the VX is at the river in Laughlin. They are everywhere. Totally made my stocker look fast!!

+1
    dont u remember i had canadian riding bitch at mudbug. that was crazy. doing full throttle blasts for a mile or so at a time with someone on the back is very unnerving. but he didnt care. we rode like that for hours

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    John, you gottsta have the girly in the front That way when you start the bouncy bouncy. . . I think you catch my drift

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    I ask this because I am tore up from riding this past weekend. Even with a minor ripple in the water with 2-up my stock GPR wanted to porpoise. My neck is still jacked!! I thought I was being nice when a girl kept bugging me to take her out to the water so I decided to take just one of my ski's. Never again!!! I don't remember my Doo's being so unforgiving with 2-people. I saw the Jeff Gordon GSX while I was launching too. Can't miss that ski for sure!!! Think I might have to buy an SHO before i do that again... Doh!
    yup, I hear ya ! definitely miserable ride with two. Sicne my two oldest ride more often now, I'm thiking about the FXSHO next year...red/black....

heck, my wifes RXP is more comfortable two up vs than the GPR.

I might be crazy, but I think mine is bouncing worse since I had to take off my 1200grate and put the 1300 stock one back on. Donald

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information