Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question I Have A Question What Prop To Get ???

I HAVE A 1997 1100 STX AND WANT A PROP FOR IT TO HELP WITH TOP END SPEED....... WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST ? OH AND BY THE WAY ITS A STOCK SKI EXCPET FOR THE TDK WATER BOX I PUT IN IT ............
    Last edited by duty; 08-28-2007 at 04:20 PM.

+1
    Best impeller for that ski to gain speed is also the least expensive. NuJet 5.0.
    We sell 'em and always quality check them for blace pitch and balance accuracy before shipping.
    2+ mph gain.
    Thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    Best impeller for that ski to gain speed is also the least expensive. NuJet 5.0.
    We sell 'em and always quality check them for blace pitch and balance accuracy before shipping.
    2+ mph gain.
    Thanks
    David

David, how about for a 98-99 900STX? Cost?
    Thanks man.

+1
    thanx ill order one up form you then

+1
    You're welcome.

Phil, the Solas "I" impeller does well on the 900 ski for overall performance. If you tow things, and want mainly bottom, we use a Skat 14/19 Swirl.
    We sell the Swirl for $209.99, and the Solas for $179.99.

Thanks
    David

Impeller

Dave, not trying to take away business cause you hooked me up on my STXR but you told me the Nujet was the best impeller on the STX 1100 several years ago also. The STX 1100 I had was a 99 and bone stock, I tried several impellers and I found nothing better than stock. With the Nujet you recommended I lost 2mph on GPS on the otherhand with my STXR with the Skat that you wouldn't tell me the pitch of all I told you was I was racing cc on a stock STXR and you said you'd hook me up with a custom pitch impeller and I trusted you. I have no idea what the pitch is and you said you couldn't disclose what it was and I understand that but whatever it is these guys on this board need it on their STXR's cause they don't know what to get for an impeller and mine run's 63.5-64 consistently with that impeller with just the impeller, R&D plate, modded stock intake grate, and Beach House sponsons and it's night and day difference between the stock impeller and that Skat Trak swirl. IMO, that stocker for the STXR is no better than a paper weight after getting the Skat from you.

Before the impeller it ran 61-62 on GPS for those wanting to know
    Last edited by STXR814; 09-07-2007 at 09:20 AM.

+1
    No problem STX,
    The feedback is always good for everyone. I don't doubt that your results were accurate fo you. With our test results and a lot of other positive customers' feedback, we still like the NuJet or the STX for top speed. There's a lot of variables that change what a person would use, but I'll still recommend what works for most, because we don't always know what those variables are.

The Skat is a great impeller as well, but on the STX1100, it is a bottom end gain, which is not what the poster asked. Your STXR is a completely different ski, hull and the best performing impeller on that as you found out is the Skat and Concords we do for 'em.

Glad to hear about your gains on the STXR,
    Take care,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    No problem STX,
    The feedback is always good for everyone. I don't doubt that your results were accurate fo you. With our test results and a lot of other positive customers' feedback, we still like the NuJet or the STX for top speed. There's a lot of variables that change what a person would use, but I'll still recommend what works for most, because we don't always know what those variables are.

The Skat is a great impeller as well, but on the STX1100, it is a bottom end gain, which is not what the poster asked. Your STXR is a completely different ski, hull and the best performing impeller on that as you found out is the Skat and Concords we do for 'em.

Glad to hear about your gains on the STXR,
    Take care,
    David

David, I when I posted my reply I was trying to help you out with business (not like you need any) on the stxr performance upgrades thread. Those guys on that thread in here are really struggling trying to figure out what impeller to use in the STXR and I was simply stating you helped me tremendously with mine. As for the STX 1100 you did state the Nujet 5.0 was the best impeller for that ski as well and I lost everywhere, acceleration, top end, rpms, everything. When I had the 1100 it was stock in perfect condition and I'm at sea level and I did back to back testing so I had reliable data. I'm just saying IMO the Nujet was horrible for the STX 1100 and you did me right by taking the impeller back since it was only in the water once and giving me my money back and I appreciate that. That's why I like dealing with you. I'm just trying to warn the guy with the STX 1100 beforehand it may not turn out like he wants because I did test it back to back and it was horrible, that's all. I've bought alot of impellers from you and all the rest have been very good, the STXR is by far the best!

+1
    [
    Last edited by 1200 stx-r; 09-11-2007 at 06:48 PM.

+1
    STX,
    I hear ya, and understand your position. I didn't take it wrong. We can use all the help with business as we can get. I do appreciate your intentions.

Please understand that there are many variables that come into play, and many various results with impellers. There is no way for me or anyone over the internet to know these variables, but have to rely on consistent results. Athough I have had a specific impeller not work so well in some cases, I'll still recommend it if it does well in the majority.

Take care

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information